March 28, 2015, 11:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,840
Gold Stars: 42
These comments were made on 21 March.  A week is a long time in football:

Martin Allen,the Barnet Manager said after beating Welling 5-0:
"I can honestly say I have no interest in how the other teams are getting on. I just go and do my garden, walk my dog and train my players".

After Town gained 5 points on them in a week, he might want to take more notice of us.  Although,if we overtake them in the league,he won't need to take notice of us.  We will be out of sight.  Allen could also work on training his players not to give last minute penalties away to penalty hot-shot Bradley Wood.

Aldershot Manager Chris Barker said after losing 3-1 at Bristol Rovers:
"We don't often play in front of 7,000 crowds.  Although we have a number of players with experience of big games, it took us a while to settle".

Well, at Grimsby on the last League game of the season, your players are going to experience a deafening atmosphere that they have never seen before.  Which should be very good for us.

Chester manager Steve Burr said after their 1-1 draw away to Alfreton:
"We had a few harsh words at half-time as as the superb following we had here today deserved better than they had seen in the first half".

The overall gate at Alfreton was only 857 against Chester.   Similar total today with Barnet.  We will take double this overall gate total alone to Alfreton, without really trying.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
LH
March 28, 2015, 11:52pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
If Town were wise they'd be making arrangements for us to be able to be in all four stands with the absolute maximum tickets available for home supporters for all of our remaining games. Next week we must surely be looking at a home sell out?

5000 up for me. Must find another hobby.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 2
gary_elton
March 29, 2015, 3:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I think the next home gate will top 5,000...... bloody hope so....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Interesting comments from 3 rival managers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.