Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead game.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 362 Guests

Gateshead game.....

This thread currently has 5,599 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
gary_elton
March 29, 2015, 3:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Ive decided that I will take the young lady shopping in the afternoon this Saturday as
I wont be able to listen to JT, a heart attack is not what I want...  browsing ladies clothing
with the loved one is better than the stress JT conjures up... just get the 3 points boys... then I will
p1ss it up with aplomb Saturday night.... UTFM !!!

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
HackneyHaddock
March 29, 2015, 6:10am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I'll be at a wedding in the US, so will be going to the barber's for a shave in the morning followed by brunch, so hopefully will be having a double celebration by getting stuck into the open bar later that night.

I was lucky enough to be taught at school and coached football by JT, but by jove (as he used to say!) he doesn't half put you through the ringer on the commentary.  This has been the case for 25 years!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
heppy88
March 29, 2015, 6:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
I'll be at a wedding in the US, so will be going to the barber's for a shave in the morning followed by brunch, so hopefully will be having a double celebration by getting stuck into the open bar later that night.

I was lucky enough to be taught at school and coached football by JT, but by jove (as he used to say!) he doesn't half put you through the ringer on the commentary.  This has been the case for 25 years!

Did you go to the willows school then by any chance?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
grimsby pete
March 29, 2015, 11:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from gary_elton
Ive decided that I will take the young lady shopping in the afternoon this Saturday as
I wont be able to listen to JT, a heart attack is not what I want...  browsing ladies clothing
with the loved one is better than the stress JT conjures up... just get the 3 points boys... then I will

I can not listen to him either Gary,

I just keep giving the teletext a look,

Then as soon as we are winning,

I do not look again until the final whistle,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
MuddyWaters
March 29, 2015, 11:49am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,882
Gold Stars: 230
I will be listening through whatever means Portuguese broadband lets me!
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
buckstown
March 29, 2015, 11:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 77
I love JT's commentary and all it's quirks!! They've had some right wooden tops on Hullberside when he's been away, most of whom help me into a coma.
Surely the aim of a commentator is to have you on the edge of your seat in a pool of sweat? The other thing is that he's one of us and wants Town to win just like we do. I also like having a biased commentator!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
grimsby pete
March 29, 2015, 12:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from buckstown
I love JT's commentary and all it's quirks!! They've had some right wooden tops on Hullberside when he's been away, most of whom help me into a coma.
Surely the aim of a commentator is to have you on the edge of your seat in a pool of sweat? The other thing is that he's one of us and wants Town to win just like we do. I also like having a biased commentator!

I agree he is a fan,

BUT

He makes me feel every time  time the other side get near our box  they are going to score,

Its difference when I am at the game, I feel our defence will stop almost everything,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
KingstonMariner
March 29, 2015, 12:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from gary_elton

Smart move Gary. You can get in her good books so when it comes to you wanting to go up to the Aldershot game for the title decider she'll owe you.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
moosey_club
March 29, 2015, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from gary_elton

If you have access to Player just sign into the oppositions site and listen to their commentary instead of JT's ...or their local radio stations on line commentary.
I have done that in the past and had both running simultaenously, while JT's having kittens in one ear about defending their commentary is describing how poor they look going forward..

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
RoboCod
March 29, 2015, 2:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Best combo is JT/Buckley.

JT "Oooh, that looks nasty, it was very late, could be a red here..."
Buckley "Didn't see anything myself John, just two professionals competing for the ball.."
Ref gives a free kick and no cards.

JT "And with 5 minutes left Towns 3-0 lead looks in danger here, the opposition breaking forward at regular intervals and Towns rearguard looking more and more nervy..."
Buckley "If this opposition get just one goal back I'll be gobsmacked Mr Tondeur, they've passed it about nicely in the middle third but I've seen nothing from them to suggest a goal even if we play until next week."
Town hold out for a 3-0 win.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead game.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.