Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead - one step at a time
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 232 Guests

Gateshead - one step at a time

This thread currently has 4,725 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
March 31, 2015, 12:39pm
Guest User
Can't even think about Alfreton yet. Like the players, the fans need to just focus on the Gateshead game and take one step at a time.

Let's not get nervous. Let's all smile because that releases tension. Let's be happy with our terrific team and back them with confidence.

Do not get on their backs at Blundell Park. Only positive encouragement and support is needed. The same type of positive support that they get at away fixtures.

Good luck Town

gtfc98
March 31, 2015, 12:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
All about Gateshead! Come on Town!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
excusebeef
March 31, 2015, 1:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +296
I do worry we're all getting carried away with Monday. The only focus should be this Saturday right now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Tinymariner
March 31, 2015, 1:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Let's pack the park on Saturday and get waving those flags as well as singing our hearts out for the lads. This is the closest we have been to automatic promotion since we've been down in the conference. The only thing we, as fans, can do is support the team in any way we can, UTFM.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
big al
March 31, 2015, 1:37pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
My philosophy is this - even if we drop points on Saturday or lose, it's not the end of the world. A big dent in our chances undoubtedly but Barnet and Bristol are not going to walk through all their matches. Look at how many people thought we'd blown it because we only drew away at Chester and dropped a couple of points.

Play and be damned I say - as soon as we start getting cagey about it then the nerves set in. A few weeks ago we were on our way to the play-offs at best. We shouldn't be confident just because of the run we're on, we should be confident because we are the best team in this league and we deserve to be champions.

Let's develop a deserved swagger - tonk Gateshead, then move on.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
pizzzza
March 31, 2015, 1:38pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
This 'one game at a time' talk is just football manager speak. After 12-odd years of mostly misery supporting Town from now until the end of the season I'm going to allow myself to dream.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
mariner91
March 31, 2015, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Let's pack the park on Saturday and get properly behind the boys. If everyone brings a friend and something black and white, be it a scarf or a flag or whatever then the ground will be full and look awesome. When BP gets going, it's magnificent but too many times in recent years it hasn't. We need to take the atmosphere from away games and transfer it to home games. The Heed are struggling for players and on paper we should beat them, particularly because I'm hoping our players will want to get another one over the cheating barstewards and we, the fans, can't make a difference, the players have said as much. UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
grimsby pete
March 31, 2015, 1:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Gateshead are not at their best,

They have another long journey to London tonight,

They will be there for the taking,

Our players are focused,

Its going to be another super Saturday.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
RichMariner
March 31, 2015, 1:53pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,142
Gold Stars: 209
I had a look at Gateshead's line-up against Eastleigh on Saturday, still some names I recognise.

I know it's been reported that they're missing 9 or 10 players, but how many of those are genuine first-teamers, who have 20+ starts this season?

I agree they have a few injury problems - maybe to two or three key players - but that'll be the extent of it. They still put up a fight against Eastleigh and I'm sure they'll put up a fight against us.

I expect they'll have more possession than us too, so we need to be patient.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
TownSNAFU5
March 31, 2015, 1:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,852
Gold Stars: 42
You might recognise some of the Gateshead players.  But Jon Shaw CF, is playing as a CB due to their injury crisis.   (No Oster either).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead - one step at a time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.