2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
HackneyHaddock
April 1, 2015, 6:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
My first thread after making the odd post hither and thither, but I'm sat here in the US on holiday and keeping up to date with our amazing season through twitter, Facebook and of course, The Fishy and wondering how, since the club is so good at producing content and campaigns that bring a little bit of BP to those of us unable to make it to the game, how we might bring some of the support of exiles, people abroad, people who can't make it into BP.

We've got a pretty decent social media and content operation now at the club.  We've got a lot of people based in London and around the country and at lot abroad.  Can the club use the scoreboard to display some messages from exiles at the match?  The club could have photos, messages of support, video clips, tagged twitter messages or Facebook posts on the screen.

It's not much, but would be a small way people not able to be at the game can feel involved and would also bring the club and fans closer together.  It might also encourage some of the thousands of people who go to the matches to get involved more on social media, which all helps give some momentum to things like the away match themes and ScarvesAtThePark.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Theimperialcoroner
April 1, 2015, 8:39pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,141
Gold Stars: 102
I listened to last years Alfreton game in the pool bar of a Miami Beach hotel. Was quite surreal. Good idea though regarding the comms.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Peeler_Crab
April 1, 2015, 9:21pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +371
Gold Stars: 2
Great idea HH 👍

“What has Alan Buckley got in his pocket!" Roly Godfrey - Blundell Park - 1990.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
Brisbane Mariner
April 2, 2015, 5:24am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
My first thread after making the odd post hither and thither, but I'm sat here in the US on holiday and keeping up to date with our amazing season through twitter, Facebook and of course, The Fishy and wondering how, since the club is so good at producing content and campaigns that bring a little bit of BP to those of us unable to make it to the game, how we might bring some of the support of exiles, people abroad, people who can't make it into BP.

We've got a pretty decent social media and content operation now at the club.  We've got a lot of people based in London and around the country and at lot abroad.  Can the club use the scoreboard to display some messages from exiles at the match?  The club could have photos, messages of support, video clips, tagged twitter messages or Facebook posts on the screen.

It's not much, but would be a small way people not able to be at the game can feel involved and would also bring the club and fans closer together.  It might also encourage some of the thousands of people who go to the matches to get involved more on social media, which all helps give some momentum to things like the away match themes and ScarvesAtThePark.

I'd support that deffo. UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 13
Brisbane Mariner
April 2, 2015, 5:26am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I listened to last years Alfreton game in the pool bar of a Miami Beach hotel. Was quite surreal. Good idea though regarding the comms.

Hey Trev - for the Gateshead Game I will be camping and fishing on South Stradbroke Island in Queensland - chilling, drinking and listening! UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 13
caistormariner
April 2, 2015, 5:59am

Always think in Black and White
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +62
Great idea - I have spent the last 3 months in Nsw Australia visiting my daughter and have had to rely on the fishy the telegraph and friends for scores , news and updates. I am home for the last three games so hope to watch them as the get out of this god forsaken league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
BeijingMariner
April 2, 2015, 6:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Brilliant idea
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
BIGChris
April 2, 2015, 8:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Brisbane Mariner

Hey Trev - for the Gateshead Game I will be camping and fishing on South Stradbroke Island in Queensland - chilling, drinking and listening! UTM

Near Southport, how spooky!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
Rick12
April 2, 2015, 8:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Feel this sort of thing is only positive for the club and players.Iam sure most if not all the players read what the fans have to say eg here and other sites.Good vibes and feeling wanted is only going to want a player to produce more on the pitch   UTM

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
gary_elton
April 2, 2015, 8:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
I will be working saturday and sunday nights... but here in sunny Ashby de la Zouch I'll be on twattertwit , the fishy and the Jeff Stelling Comedy  Show....  shout loud and proud you Townies....  UTFM  !!! Let's bag another 3 points boys....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sending our support to BP

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.