Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Remember this?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 288 Guests

Remember this?

This thread currently has 1,526 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
ska face
April 1, 2015, 8:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,643
Gold Stars: 840
http://youtu.be/RdWAg_A-LF8

6th May, 2006.

We were virtually up, being promoted from League 2, and well into the 93rd minute.

What happened from that point onwards is history now, but we've never recovered.

Enjoy these last 6 matches, but don't get ahead of yourself. There's a hell of along way to go yet.

One match at a time, starting with Gateshead.
Private Message
GiveUsAG
April 1, 2015, 9:01pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
We're going to win the league.  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
LH
April 1, 2015, 9:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Out of our hands on that day and out of our hands at the minute. Whatever happens we can be proud of the team for chasing down Barnet and to lesser extent BR. We can also be proud of ourselves for backing our team in the last few months (and years!).

It's been tough down here but we have a very good chance at getting out this season. Is it possible to be an optimistic pessimist?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Abdul19
April 1, 2015, 9:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
I'd never actually seen that.

I can remember being glad in an odd way they'd scored though, because it meant that our last minute fuck up didn't make any difference.

But anyway yeah, couldn't agree more about one game at a time. If predicting 15 results was easy, we'd all be rich.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
horsforthmariner
April 1, 2015, 10:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,610
Gold Stars: 9
I'd tried to forget it - I'm sure it was offside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
dapperz fun pub
April 1, 2015, 10:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Good feeling this time wasn't convinced that year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
Brisbane Mariner
April 1, 2015, 11:48pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
Quoted from LH
Out of our hands on that day and out of our hands at the minute. Whatever happens we can be proud of the team for chasing down Barnet and to lesser extent BR. We can also be proud of ourselves for backing our team in the last few months (and years!).

It's been tough down here but we have a very good chance at getting out this season. Is it possible to be an optimistic pessimist?

Nice one - So a glass half full as well as half empty = a glass half full (errr..and half empty as it happens  )

UTM c'mon the Town! Oh when the town go steaming in!!!!!

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 9
LH
April 1, 2015, 11:51pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
The glass contains 50% of it's maximum capacity.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
Brisbane Mariner
April 1, 2015, 11:54pm

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
and the half empty is room for improvement!

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 9
FishOutOfWater
April 2, 2015, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
I just hope that when it comes to the 90th minute of the last game of the season, we don't let off balloons and fireworks until we are absolutely guaranteed that promotion place and everyone's season has come to an end

Even now, incredibly 9 years on, I still can't believe we started the celebrations before we were up  
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Remember this?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.