Season ticket prices

This thread currently has 5,315 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
whitey5000
April 16, 2015, 8:17am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -9
Obviously the price of season tickets will depend on promotion or not and prices have probably yet to be decided but working out that my season ticket this season I believe cost me £285, after working out my friend  has been to all home games this season but doesn't own a season ticket but has used the vouchers I got issued along with vouchers in the telegraph and so on is actually £30 better off than me. I do enjoy having a season ticket but feel as though it is no longer value for money because of all the promotions the club do throughout the season it no longer saves the season ticket holder money
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
April 16, 2015, 8:20am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
You seem to be missing the point that your friend only got in at a reduced rate as a result of you giving him your vouchers.

If neither of you had the vouchers or a season ticket, would it still work out cheaper?

Marks awarded if working shown.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 35
Hagrid
April 16, 2015, 8:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
personally hoping a 21 and below season ticket will exist for next season! i'll be 19 by the season starting and idk if I can afford 300 for a ST!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 35
whitey5000
April 16, 2015, 8:33am
Coke Drinker
It just feels as though the club give out vouchers a lot which I'm all for but just give the season ticket holders a thought we have already paid the big chunk even if it is giving to the first home cup games of year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 35
gary_elton
April 16, 2015, 8:40am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
dont you get in free to pre season home games as well ??? just a question....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 35
promotion plaice
April 16, 2015, 8:44am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
I personally would never consider getting a season ticket because i rarely but sometimes get called in to work on a saturday, and then i always think of the games missed when on holiday. So pay as you go it is for me.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 35
whitey5000
April 16, 2015, 8:50am
Coke Drinker
No you don't into preseason games free
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 35
Southwark Mariner
April 16, 2015, 9:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
What about priority for games like Alfreton away? The season ticket can have other benefits than the price of a matchday ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 35
gary_elton
April 16, 2015, 9:23am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
you get to select your favourite seat , the rest of us are in a big melee of a queue or a lottery by phone , you could easily end up sitting next to Blakey or BP Vicar.....  

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 35
diehardmariner
April 16, 2015, 9:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
I grumble every year about the season ticket perks, or lack of them.

The point ska face makes about the vouchers is a very fair one, minus them it would arguably be more expensive (if not the same cost) when paying for tickets on a game-by-game basis.  My issue with these vouchers is that they don't really reward the season ticket holder, rather a friend of the holder.  

Now obviously it's my choice to give these vouchers away (as it is indeed to purchase a season ticket) and I don't begrudge giving them away otherwise they would go straight in the bin, plus I'd rather someone who doesn't have a season ticket save a bit of cash.   But I do wish the incentives for season ticket holders were just better.  The sheet of vouchers you get is year on year getting worse.  This season saw a voucher for the Farmhouse, I think it was a 2-4-1 on certain days....however the offer is one the Farmhouse run anyway and you don't need a voucher at all.  That's not a reward at all, that's just a bit of advertising for the Farmhouse.  I think another was a free programme on the first home game, which was then put in the Telegraph the night before the actual game.  

I appreciate that as a season ticket holder I get priority on games such as Lincoln and Alfreton away and on any cup games too.  That's not the major incentive for me though, that comes in the form that I've got my ticket for the year once it's purchased.  I think otherwise I would be highly unlikely to pay ticket price on the day for a lot of games otherwise.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 35
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season ticket prices

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.