This thread currently has 6,599 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
April 19, 2015, 8:40pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Who would you rather play? All the games involving Town and the other two sides have all been close, We did the double over Eastleigh but we could have drawn or even won the game at FGR which we ended up losing. Eastleigh have not been in the play-offs before, not sure whether that helps or not. Neither side has the fan pressure that we have but they both have rich owners who will be wanting a return on their "investment".  I guess most people's prefences will be what fits in with their travel arragenments?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
mariner91
April 19, 2015, 8:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Eastleigh for me, I could get there midweek.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
HertsGTFC
April 19, 2015, 8:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
FGR.......... Only because I think we would do the inflatable thing again........just to see how many of us they could get in a head lock.

Seriously though not bothered we just need to focus on ourselves and not worry about the opposition.

Brizzle fans are terrified of playing FGR as they have beaten them twice this year.........Who knows Barnet could well be in the mix if things don't go as expected on Saturday.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
April 19, 2015, 8:56pm
Guest User
Or Macclesfield. Unlikely but still possible if Maccesfield win, FGR draw and Eastleigh lose.

My preference would be Eastleigh or Macc and avoid FGR. I would take Eastleigh with them having the 2nd worst defensive record in the top 14.  Our problem isn't conceding goals it is trying to break teams down and I fancy us to do this against Eastleigh.
Reply: 3 - 30
ackomariner
April 19, 2015, 8:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from HertsGTFC
FGR.......... Only because I think we would do the inflatable thing again........just to see how many of us they could get in a head lock.

Seriously though not bothered we just need to focus on ourselves and not worry about the opposition.

Brizzle fans are terrified of playing FGR as they have beaten them twice this year.........Who knows Barnet could well be in the mix if things don't go as expected on Saturday.

Your second paragraph......can you please tell hurst this  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
BIGChris
April 19, 2015, 8:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Eastleigh is a hell of a journey for a midweek game and will significantly reduce numbers. I think it will be them but whoever it is I will find a way to be there

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
LH
April 19, 2015, 9:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
I wonder how much it is to charter a plane?
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
HertsGTFC
April 19, 2015, 9:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from ackomariner

Your second paragraph......can you please tell hurst this  

LOL!!! As if he would take any notice.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
acko338
April 19, 2015, 9:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
I will be gnawing my fingernails on holiday all through the play offs, hoping for the best - just hope the internet stays on all through the two matches in the hotel !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
chaos33
April 19, 2015, 9:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,867
Gold Stars: 353
This is the question. I don't think Eastleigh or FGR will fancy playing us. I'm fairly confident of that.

Lots to take into account:

Eastleigh are the second highest scorers in the division, but have conceded a massive 21 goals more than us. They have won their last 4 games but have lost 3 in their last 10. They don't have a good record against us this season, but they do sell meat pies.

FGR, on the other hand, have lost only 8 games this season - that's 2 games fewer than Barnet (and us). Both clubs are the middle of nowhere however; have no soul or football league pedigree or fanbase, and don't deserve to be promoted.  

I'd rather we played Macclesfield. They are nowt spesh, and we'll take more away.
UTM.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FGR or Eastleigh

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.