Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
as there isnt one..

Good points -
comfortable victory
improved points, wins and position over last season
Hannah put in a good performance, frozen out most of the season and took two goals very well and generally linked well. Also a nice gesture when Sunter came on for his debut Hannah went across to welcome him onto the pitch and shook his hand.
Chappel after a shakey start settled in and looked lively second half, particularly when he seemed to be playing more centrally/free role.

Bad Points
Crowd - 3200 home support, a little disappointing i thought
Parslow, looks weak, slow, indecisive and timid.
Another goal from distance, nice strike but waiting for the replay as i am not sure why Mckeown didnt have it covered, i have a feeling he was anticipating a ball into the box and may have moved prior.

The manager and board's first ambition for the season has been reached, two massive games ahead now to qualify  for the final...cmon Town, lets not collectively fck it up this time.   UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
April 25, 2015, 9:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,084
Gold Stars: 44
Agree with most of that. Ross Hannah hasn't been "frozen out" at all though, he's had plenty of chances throughout the season and not performed.

Credit to him today though, took his goals well and looked like the old ross. Given PH something to consider that's for sure.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
MeanwoodMariner
April 25, 2015, 9:14pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Did the likes of Hannah do enough to challenge for a starting place on Thursday?

In commentary JT and Buckley said McKeown had no chance with their goal. Will be interested to see it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
chaos33
April 25, 2015, 9:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 356
Those Parslow comments worry me.

Did Hannah cup his ear to the Town fans after one of his goals?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
Hagrid
April 25, 2015, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,372
Gold Stars: 532
Thought parslow was fine? Its not as though aldershot threatened as all so not quite sure why you've singled him out for uneccessary critiscm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
chaos33
April 25, 2015, 9:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,928
Gold Stars: 356
If they didn't threaten and MC assessed him like that, what are we to expect when we play the play off games?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
BIGChris
April 25, 2015, 9:25pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
I think the decision to move Toto to right back for a spell may be significant in Hursts thinking.

Overall a very comfortable end of season victory. We played at a much quicker tempo compared to last week at Southport.

Pittman looked like his old self and I guess may have played himself into a starting place on Thursday?

I think Hurst has 2 decisions for play offs;

Who partners Dizza in centre mid and who plays in the back four alongside Pearson, Toto and Magnay.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
headingly_mariner
April 25, 2015, 9:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BIGChris
I think the decision to move Toto to right back for a spell may be significant in Hursts thinking.

Overall a very comfortable end of season victory. We played at a much quicker tempo compared to last week at Southport.

Pittman looked like his old self and I guess may have played himself into a starting place on Thursday?

I think Hurst has 2 decisions for play offs;

Who partners Dizza in centre mid and who plays in the back four alongside Pearson, Toto and Magnay.

Totally agree with that and the answers to those questions would be Clay and Gowling for me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
Maringer
April 25, 2015, 9:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,471
Gold Stars: 185
I thought it was quite an entertaining game. The result wasn't really that important for either side so it was quite open and less cagey than the usual fare. Not a huge amount of quality on display at times, but not too bad.

I'm surprised that moosey picked out Parslow for criticism as I thought he had probably his most solid game at full-back for us! Barely put a foot wrong there. Hannah took his goals well (and beat the offside trap twice!!!), but I do wonder if he would fare as well against a better defence as the Aldershot backline was porous, to say the least. Already on the beach, as the saying goes.

Another excellent strike for their goal but another long-range effort flies in. Are we just unlucky that teams put some fantastic shots against us or is it a case that McKeown is a bit slow to get his feet moving? I generally don't think McKeown has had much chance with most of the long-range goals against us this season, but there does seem to be a bit of a pattern emerging.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
barralad
April 25, 2015, 10:44pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,289
Gold Stars: 126
Quite an enjoyable game. Hannah took his goals very well as did Pittman his. Have officially lost count now of the number of teams that score "a worldy" goal against us. I was a long way away from it but I'd agree that Macca had no chance.
I too don't really get the criticism of Parslow. Thought he was steady all game without being outstanding. That said no-one had a bad game.
One thing that struck me was that without a recognised target man in the first half the ball travelled along the ground with much more effect than previously.-more food for thought for Hurst?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.