moosey_club
April 25, 2015, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Hagrid
Thought parslow was fine? Its not as though aldershot threatened as all so not quite sure why you've singled him out for uneccessary critiscm

They didnt threaten but yet he still managed to look ill at ease and every time the play went near him i broke out in a cold sweat.

His attempted sliding tackle in the first half in front of the Findus where he didnt take either the ball or the man has to be one of most poorly executed "tackles" i have ever seen.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
barralad
April 25, 2015, 11:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,194
Gold Stars: 121
JPP deserves great credit for the acrobatic assist for Hannah's second!! The finish was even better than it looked live...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
LH
April 25, 2015, 11:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Exhibition stuff at times today. I lost count at 10 back heels in the game. Assist of the decade from JPP who also took a brilliant touch in the build up to his goal.

I said to BIGChris and Les on the way back from Southport that I wouldn't object to RH starting and he really gave PH something to think about for Thursday. I've been critical of him the last two seasons but he really took that chance today.

Their goal was a good one too although it's another one of those distance ones at home!

Negatively speaking Gowling was involved in a few communication mistakes again and Parslow played like Parslow.

They were rough and cynical but hopefully we'll be big timing it in league two next season.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
HertsGTFC
April 25, 2015, 11:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
Enjoyed it to be fair and was surprised that it was a decent game and worth the 6 hour round trip. We are a decent side when we keep the ball down!

Thought Hannah was excellent and on his first goal remained calm and took the 2nd with real skill, amazing seeing as he has been basically a bit part [layer this term he also appeared to click a bit with Chappell and JP. Similar thought to barralad maybe the target man is not the way forward

TBH I reckon Parslow had a good game he is not an attacking wing back but just a functional defender. Re there goal? Macca was asleep and stood behind the wall leaving a massive gap to his left.  

I would like to see............ Macca, Parslow, Toto, Shaun, Mag, Jack, Dis, Brownie (just) Chappell JP and Hannah at some point on Thursday. Love Lenny and Ollie is a decent player but we just looked a lot more fluid today and the strikers did not receive every ball with thoer back to the goal............. UTM!!    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
mariner2000
April 25, 2015, 11:44pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -1
Approval: +164
Gold Stars: 3
Hannah's one and only performance this year, funny hoe it happens to be before the playoffs and the end of his contract!!!!  

Unlikely to get a second one out of him!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 14 - 25
Tinymariner
April 25, 2015, 11:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
What was the logo on the shirt today in place of Youngs?

Never mind, just seen the other thread!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Maringer
April 26, 2015, 12:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
We certainly didn't seem to play it long as often as usual today, without a 'target man' up there (though Pittman is decent in the air in the right situation). I do wonder how much this was down to the lack of a big bloke up front and how much was down to the fact that it was pretty much a meaningless game? As the bloke next to me mentioned, the atmosphere was almost like a pre-season game.

Pittman's "assist" for Hannah's second was a flashy overhead-kick clearance. Not sure he deserves too much kudos for helping to create a goal from that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
itsnotcoditshaddock
April 26, 2015, 12:21am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Any criticism of Parslow today is totally unfair. He had a solid game. He's a good enough defender and will not let us down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
lobsterpot
April 26, 2015, 7:12am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
I too thought Parslow did what he is paid to do and was fine. Chappell brightened up and reminded me of the runs that Rodders made for us weaving in and back out again. There certainly was less of the long ball stuff and in my opinion that was down to Pearson's omission as he is usually at the centre of pinging it aimlessly from the back. Cant help but think even if Hannah had scored 10 today he still wouldnt replace Lennie for Thursday. I'm usually fine with whatever starting 11 is put infront of me but some of LJL's touches and shots today were pathetic and that lad is gonna cost us over the next couple of games if we are not careful. Please prove me wrong Mr Shop! PS JPP's goal celebration today was the best ever! The bloke with the chips face was priceless

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
Garth
April 26, 2015, 9:14am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Yesterday's team will bear no relevance to Thursday's team that will be set up to defend, PH will never go gung o
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.