KingstonMariner
April 26, 2015, 5:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Barrattstander

I don't see how you can accuse anyone who supports the Mariners of being a glory hunter.

Or Barnet.

Especially when they have many more options on the doorstep than NEL residents have.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
barralad
April 26, 2015, 5:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Whatever else you can say about Barnet they have only been off the top of the League for a couple of weeks during a 46 game season. That sort of consistency has earned them promotion and I don't begrudge them it one iota.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
GrimRob
April 26, 2015, 5:44pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Barrattstander

I don't see how you can accuse anyone who supports the Mariners of being a glory hunter.

It's been done. Remember this: http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1364149388

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 21
Abdul19
April 26, 2015, 8:16pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from barralad
Whatever else you can say about Barnet they have only been off the top of the League for a couple of weeks during a 46 game season. That sort of consistency has earned them promotion and I don't begrudge them it one iota.

Exactly. I fully expected Rovers to go on and win it after Barnet's dodgy spell, but fair play to them, Allen got them going again and they deservedly won the title.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
Nelly GTFC
April 26, 2015, 8:58pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
I used to think like this, moan about it etc, but not anymore though, I've seen sense.

I've got friends who support Man U / Arsenal / Liverpool etc, but they take their kids with them to watch Town games now, the support is lingering in the background, some support through thick and thin, the more success we have the fan base will increase I'm sure of it.

Fans shoudn't be put down for only turning up to the so called big games - who cares? As long as they turn up when they can, then it's more money for the club.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
WokingMariner
April 26, 2015, 11:11pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +160
Gold Stars: 2
Most people have never even been to a single football game in this country. Anybody who takes the effort to go to any game should be applauded rather than sit at home watching some international conglommerate that they have picked at random as their team.

Up the Mighty Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 21
BeesKnees
April 27, 2015, 8:30am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +26
Hi,
No free tickets were given away.  The reverse was true with the last few hundred seats only being available if you paid £50 for hospitality.  

The extra crowd was a mixture of Barnet fans who rarely come due to circumstance\distance and Spurs\Arsenal fans for whom we are their second club.  It's always been the case that when we play and other north London clubs don't then we get a boost, maybe with a bit of success they might decide we are the better option.

I hope you join us in league two and sorry for jumping the queue.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
FishOutOfWater
April 27, 2015, 2:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from BeesKnees
Hi,
No free tickets were given away.  The reverse was true with the last few hundred seats only being available if you paid £50 for hospitality.  

The extra crowd was a mixture of Barnet fans who rarely come due to circumstance\distance and Spurs\Arsenal fans for whom we are their second club.  It's always been the case that when we play and other north London clubs don't then we get a boost, maybe with a bit of success they might decide we are the better option.

I hope you join us in league two and sorry for jumping the queue.  

Fair play to you and your fellow Bees

The league table doesn't lie...your team earned the right to automatic after 46 games and that's it. End of. Doesn't matter how many went to see you crowned champions...that won't be the issue when it comes to FL fixtures coming out in June. Just hope that we're looking out on the same day / date to see when we'll be playing each other!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 17 - 21
Barrattstander
April 27, 2015, 3:53pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +867
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from WokingMariner
Most people have never even been to a single football game in this country. Anybody who takes the effort to go to any game should be applauded rather than sit at home watching some international conglommerate that they have picked at random as their team.

That's some u-turn Woking , yesterday you were accusing anyone who's not a regular fan of being a glory hunter for just turning up at Wembley.

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
Cod Cheeks
April 27, 2015, 8:22pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
If we get to Wembley, we'll have plenty of glory hunters of our own
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Glory Hunters

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.