Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striking Decisions!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 254 Guests

Striking Decisions!

This thread currently has 8,362 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
April 26, 2015, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Spiritater

I'm not surprised Ollie P is now on the bench for you lot and not a starter. If you do manage to extricate yourselves from the Conf then you'll find him struggling to make any impact in the FL if he signs in the summer.

Ollie Palmer has been almost the perfect loan striker for us, livened up the front line, grabbed some goals, gave the supporters something to cheer about and a little hope at a time we were starting to get frustrated.
Job done so far from him, a couple of more goals and freedom of Cleethorpes for O.P  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 26, 2015, 6:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from chaos33
I think he'll go Arnold as he's rested him obviously hoping to get him fresh and sharp. I'd prefer Clay to partner Disley.

Another question - will Jolley regain a place on the bench?

Who? Didn't we sign someone with that name with a great fanfare?

Agree totally with your other post. Even if Hannah had scored 6 yesterday, he won't be first choice. The front two on Thursday will be LJL and AN Other, probably Palmer if Pittman's got a knock with Hannah on the bench.

What is important is that we turn possession into goals at Eastleigh. As Steve Bruce said on MOTD last night - a team is only as good as the players up front.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
April 26, 2015, 6:59pm
Guest User
Expect the Shop to play up-front on his own at Eastleigh.

Clay, Disley, Brown and Mackreth with either Arnold or Chappell (the latter if PH believes he'll do his defensive duties) in midfield.

Seem to think Gowling has played left-back ( ?? ), so maybe him there and Magnay at RB. Otherwise Toto at RB.
Reply: 32 - 54
Rodley Mariner
April 26, 2015, 7:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I don't think we'll play one up front. When did we last not play 4-4-2? Only question is whether it'll be Pittman or Palmer with LJL, Brown or Clay with Disley and who'll play at the back with Pearson, Toto and Magnay.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
KK_DOG
April 26, 2015, 7:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +472
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I don't think we'll play one up front. When did we last not play 4-4-2? Only question is whether it'll be Pittman or Palmer with LJL, Brown or Clay with Disley and who'll play at the back with Pearson, Toto and Magnay.

Spot on for me

Palmer, Brown, and err the next one is the biggest problem.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
mariner91
April 26, 2015, 8:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,634
Gold Stars: 261
I'd go with:

McKeown
Toto   Gowling      Pearson     Magnay
Makreth   Clay     Disley      Chappell
              Pittman   Shop

I'd have Arnold, Palmer, Hannah, Parslow and Brown on the bench with an eye for bringing on Hannah relatively early (after his good performance yesterday) if the strikers aren't playing well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
nightrider
April 26, 2015, 8:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
The strikers will do exactly the same as theyve done all season....

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
Maringer
April 26, 2015, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
I feel that some are getting carried away with Chappel's performances. He's looked decent in spells and has gone on some good runs here and there but there has been pretty much no end product from him in the past couple of games that I've seen.

Arnold has been our most productive midfielder in terms of combined assists and goals this season. Dropping him in favour of Chappel would be completely nuts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
Rodley Mariner
April 26, 2015, 8:19pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I'm assuming Arnold will play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
chaos33
April 26, 2015, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
I agree, and I'd probably go 91's team but with Arnold. I'd have Jolley on the bench if fit:

He can play wide or up front, and has play off goalscoring experience.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Striking Decisions!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.