1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
April 26, 2015, 10:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Before we know whether we'll be at Wembley again. Let's forget Wembley until hopefully next Sunday evening and concentrate on the two most important games so far this season.

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive now despite the fact we've beaten them twice already. Just a bit. Not too much. If they're full of gamesmanship and we get naff officials we could be handicapped, but if we get a fair rub of the green we should do it. The squad have shown they can do it. It's all about the right mindset. We know they don't give up. We need to see them competitive without being stupid, optimistic without being careless. The spirit of the Barnet games.

Hopefully the atmosphere will be like the Fulham games in 98. The mood's got to be positive now for the rest of the week - even grumpy old gits like me can manage that  . So 90 plus minutes of singing on Thursday, hoarse on Friday at work, recover Saturday then same again Sunday.

Sorry for the rambling.

GERRIN TO EM!!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner91
April 26, 2015, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,563
Gold Stars: 259
MMMMMMAAAAAAARRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Maringer
April 26, 2015, 11:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from mariner91

You need to get that keyboard looked at.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
friskneymariner
April 26, 2015, 11:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from mariner91

Try watching the Kings Speech it may help.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
LH
April 26, 2015, 11:42pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Nothing better when you support a club than being excited for the next game. In recent times I've dreaded going to BP to see us play and been right to dread it at the end of the game. This last couple of months has been brilliant though. We may not have taken the title but I believe that these lads are capable of taking us back up. Really looking forward to finishing at half three on Thursday and hot footing it up the A17 to watch the game in the pub at home. Hopefully on Sunday evening I'll be back in the pub organising a Wembley weekend.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Jaws
April 27, 2015, 4:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Blundell Park needs to be rocking.

Going out on a limb here and saying it's our most important home game in the years and years? Last 2 years the home playoff has been the first leg so never going to send us to Wembley like it will this year.

Promotion to what's now the Championship was the clubs greatest achievement in my lifetime, but the clubs future didn't depend on it. I want Eastleigh to be excrement-scared of even touching the ball, I want them to hate every minute of the second leg and really rattle their cages - we seem to destroy a startled opposing team..

CMON TOWN
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
zorro_is_a_Mariner
April 27, 2015, 4:32pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
Let's for get about Wembley by creating a thread about it lol

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
RichMariner
April 27, 2015, 4:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,134
Gold Stars: 209
I'm actually feeling quite relaxed about these next two games.

I won't be able to make the final if we do get there, so maybe that has something to do with it.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Less than 6 days

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.