This thread currently has 4,359 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Kymariner12
April 27, 2015, 5:23am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +102
Reading some of the forums on the playoff rivals and Eastliegh fans are in agreement that this has been a fantastic achievement and so proud. That's what $$$ gets you, it's not through operating within your means, you're just another Crawley/Fleetwood and belong in the conference or eve further down. I hope we beat them and put an end to the rising trend of glorified tin pot clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
psgmariner
April 27, 2015, 6:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Have you read our accounts for the last few years? We don't operate anywhere near our means!

Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
pizzzza
April 27, 2015, 7:21am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,657
Gold Stars: 135
Quoted from Kymariner12
Reading some of the forums on the playoff rivals and Eastliegh fans are in agreement that this has been a fantastic achievement and so proud. That's what $$$ gets you, it's not through operating within your means, you're just another Crawley/Fleetwood and belong in the conference or eve further down. I hope we beat them and put an end to the rising trend of glorified tin pot clubs.

Local businessman pumps some money in, fans enjoying the good times. Not exactly Chelsea are they?

Plenty of worse things happening in the world.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
arryarryarry
April 27, 2015, 9:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,945
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Kymariner12

FFS give over, posts like this will probably wind their fans up and they will really take the p!ss if they beat us.

I suggest you take your head out of your parochial @rse and have a look at other clubs forums when they comment on about the money that has been ploughed into GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
MuddyWaters
April 27, 2015, 10:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
The net worth of Eastleigh FC is -234,000, the net worth of GTFC is -1,017,000. Don't think we've got any moral high ground here.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
grimsby pete
April 27, 2015, 10:03am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
It would only make me sick,

If they knock us out the play offs.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Abdul19
April 27, 2015, 1:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Just the sight of Deon Burton made me smash my laptop - and I'll be sending James Constable the bill.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
FishOutOfWater
April 27, 2015, 1:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Been thinking over the weekend about clubs coming up from nowhere so to speak

Maybe because of the Ferriby gravy train being de-railed etc and then us getting to face one of the new kids on the block

I've got mixed feelings about it really...can I take exception to someone bankrolling a team to success? Maybe morally it's not quite there but if it's all above board and legal then what's to say. If I was a multi-millionaire I'd want to help Town out in any and every way possible

The flip side is when the money stops? I used to live close to where Rushden & Diamonds came about - Max Griggs and his DM empire basically got them to where they were but as soon as his influence was withdrawn they weren't sustainable any longer. Some of the teams that have made the league of late might have the same fate waiting for them in years to come - who knows? At least it's been achieved on the field over several years of "investment"

My own disdain is for the cuckoos in MK who look seriously like they are going to move up a level....some people might want to let it go that they got in the league on the back of the old Wimbledon and time to forget etc.

I would dispute this totally...they have a place in the pyramid that they shouldn't have and a.n.other team should have been given the opportunity to have taken a promotion at the expense of Wimbledon who should have had happen to them what happened to Darlington, Stockport etc.

Milton Keynes had several local clubs that were more or less killed off with the Franchise relocating there to take a place in the football league. Just because time has moved on it was wrong then and is still wrong now
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 15
horsforthmariner
April 27, 2015, 2:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Been thinking over the weekend about clubs coming up from nowhere so to speak

Maybe because of the Ferriby gravy train being de-railed etc and then us getting to face one of the new kids on the block

I've got mixed feelings about it really...can I take exception to someone bankrolling a team to success? Maybe morally it's not quite there but if it's all above board and legal then what's to say. If I was a multi-millionaire I'd want to help Town out in any and every way possible

The flip side is when the money stops? I used to live close to where Rushden & Diamonds came about - Max Griggs and his DM empire basically got them to where they were but as soon as his influence was withdrawn they weren't sustainable any longer. Some of the teams that have made the league of late might have the same fate waiting for them in years to come - who knows? At least it's been achieved on the field over several years of "investment"

My own disdain is for the cuckoos in MK who look seriously like they are going to move up a level....some people might want to let it go that they got in the league on the back of the old Wimbledon and time to forget etc.

I would dispute this totally...they have a place in the pyramid that they shouldn't have and a.n.other team should have been given the opportunity to have taken a promotion at the expense of Wimbledon who should have had happen to them what happened to Darlington, Stockport etc.

Milton Keynes had several local clubs that were more or less killed off with the Franchise reloating there to take a place in the football league. Just because time has moved on it was wrong then and is still wrong now

MK DONS are a team I look out for every week in the hope they've lost and if they're are on telly I support the team they are playing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
GrimRob
April 27, 2015, 2:50pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
In 1851 Grimsby had a population of 8,860. The railways resulted in a huge population growth and GTFC was founded in 1878. Other towns and teams are just in a different place on the economic/growth cycle.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Makes me sick

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.