5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
May 3, 2015, 5:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 507
hooray!!!! Started with nerves, but as soon as we scored the 1st we knew we were going to the arch! Fantastic loud support, but now its 1 game and 1 job to do!! Brown and LJL were magnificent, with lennie my MOM, cant wait for 2 weeks time, and see you all there! UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
lukeo
May 3, 2015, 5:58pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 133
We wasn't fantastic but we have cruised to Wembley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
Badger57
May 3, 2015, 5:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,902
Gold Stars: 30
Lenny was fantastic and took his goal so well!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
Marinerz93
May 3, 2015, 6:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
GET IN, WEMBLEY HERE WE COME!!!

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2hyjng5.gif[/IMG]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
MuddyWaters
May 3, 2015, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,880
Gold Stars: 230
Olly and Lenny were immense as were Shaun and Josh. Mags and Dis also very good - Toto is not a full back and there was a world of difference between our right side and our left.

Big call as to who partners Shaun at Wembley if Robertson is fit.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
AdamHaddock
May 3, 2015, 6:20pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
So relieved when Palmer scored his first on 35 minutes - until then it was the kind of town performance I hate. Players slicing and flicking the ball around in no particular direction instead of making sure it reached a team mate - not helped by a lack of movement from Mackreth and Arnold. Lovely turn and shot from Palmer into the top corner then a cool finish by Lennie after he'd been sent through - defence slow to react as if they were expecting an offside call.  Then another good finish from Palmer later on. Defence solid - Pearson and Gowling excellent. I wasn't a fan of the pitch invasion although the tantrum their manager was having at the fourth official was funny.

Looking forward to Wembley now. It might seem strange saying this after a 3-0 win but we'll have to really up our game for the final and keep the ball better. But this is the most optimistic I've been about town in years, let's write a good chapter in the club's history. Good atmosphere, The packed, noisy pontoon was quite a sight.

UTM

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
Mrs Doyle
May 3, 2015, 6:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Lennie put a shift and half in Ollie has got his scoring boots back on but Josh Gowling and Shaun Pearson at the back were immense Brown did a great job in midfield as did Dis ensuring Macca had little to do in goal all in all a job well done. Just must mention the fantastic support sat in the lower Findus the Pontoon and the Osmond were noisey and superb.

The Eastleigh fans need a mention too, they were also a credit to their club they never stopped singing all though the match and even at the end when we were celebrating well done.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
mariner tommy
May 3, 2015, 6:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
First half hour was a big worry, but once we scored it was totally different mindset both on, and off the field.
As has been said, Olly and Lennie were superb, especially Lennie whose workrate today was immense.
Back four excellent with only a slight weakness with Toto at right back.
Dis and Brown did well .
My man of the match, got to be Gowling for me, he put his head and body everywhere.

And one more thing to mention, the mega big town flag in the Osmond looked great.

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
barralad
May 3, 2015, 6:47pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,193
Gold Stars: 121
The last time I remember hearing a noise like when the first goal went in was when Town scored against Spurs in 2005. In that instant all of the nerves evaporated.

The fact that Eastleigh took off at half time a player who last season scored a hatful of goals in League 2 shows the control that Pearson and Gowling had of the game.
Gowling must rank as one of the best loan signees of the last 10 years along with...Palmer.

Lenny is going to score his 20th. goal of the season at Wembley.....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 45
thevera
May 3, 2015, 7:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +992
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from barralad
The last time I remember hearing a noise like when the first goal went in was when Town scored against Spurs in 2005. In that instant all of the nerves evaporated.

The fact that Eastleigh took off at half time a player who last season scored a hatful of goals in League 2 shows the control that Pearson and Gowling had of the game.
Gowling must rank as one of the best loan signees of the last 10 years along with...Palmer.

Lenny is going to score his 20th. goal of the season at Wembley.....

That's going to be a double whammy, Hot Dogs are £10+ at Wembley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.