Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rovers Forum!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 333 Guests

Rovers Forum!

This thread currently has 8,665 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Mighty_Mariner
May 4, 2015, 8:21pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Have many people been on their forum since yesterday. I like them as a club but the sheer arrogance of the majority of their fans is staggering. They're talking about who they would want to keep/add WHEN they're back in the league next season.

Confidence is one thing but they're talking as if the game is already won!

Should we get a message to Paul and get him to send the lads on holiday early - there's clearly no point in us turning up on the 17th - apparently it's already a foregone conclusion!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
N2K
May 4, 2015, 8:23pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +466
Gold Stars: 1
Hopefully karma will come back to bite them on the bottom!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
HertsGTFC
May 4, 2015, 8:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Got a close colleague who is a BR season ticket holder and goes home and away and despite what the appearance is they are just relieved to be there after blowing it versus Dover..............I still think the pressure is on them especially after Clarke's performance in the pub last night!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
barralad
May 4, 2015, 8:43pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Have many people been on their forum since yesterday. I like them as a club but the sheer arrogance of the majority of their fans is staggering. They're talking about who they would want to keep/add WHEN they're back in the league next season.

Confidence is one thing but they're talking as if the game is already won!

Should we get a message to Paul and get him to send the lads on holiday early - there's clearly no point in us turning up on the 17th - apparently it's already a foregone conclusion!

I looked at a thread called "Too much respect for Grimsby" and there is a poster called TheghostofBill Shankly who is dead funny who must be a Mariner...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
May 4, 2015, 8:47pm
Guest User
Lets hope Hurst deflects all the pressure onto them. The fans need to do the same. Bristol Rovers are the favourites and the bigger club. The game is already won and there players don't need to bother turning up.
Reply: 4 - 36
Grimal
May 4, 2015, 8:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from N2K
Hopefully karma will come back to bite them on the bottom!

Who's this Karma ?, never seen anyone in a Town shirt with that name,could perhaps ask Luis Suarez he's got a bit of a bite on him..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
Green27
May 4, 2015, 8:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
I really don't think you can split the teams in terms of ability. I just hope our experience and pain will stand us in good stead.

Confidence and arrogance from the fans is nothing but a burden on players let them continue.

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
N2K
May 4, 2015, 8:58pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Grimal

Who's this Karma ?, never seen anyone in a Town shirt with that name,could perhaps ask Luis Suarez he's got a bit of a bite on him..

Haha can just imagine Lenny chomping away at McChrystal!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
EY Mariner
May 4, 2015, 9:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Bristol Rovers have only lost two of their last 40 games. They took four points out of six off us and finished five points ahead of us. Of course they are favourites. Of course the pressure is on them. That suits me just fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
N2K
May 4, 2015, 9:05pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from EY Mariner
Bristol Rovers have only lost two of their last 40 games. They took four points out of six off us and finished five points ahead of us. Of course they are favourites. Of course the pressure is on them. That suits me just fine.

Totally agree. All the stats, the form tables etc. go out of the window. 2 teams. 90 minutes. 1 winner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rovers Forum!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.