2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Trawler
May 18, 2015, 9:24am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
I was dreading coming on here this morning.

But so pleased to see the positivity.  I was proud yesterday.  Took 10 'neutrals' in a group of 27.  All of them were singing the praises of the quality of our football.

I'm getting my season tickets (and one more besides) as soon as GTFC start selling them.

We're going to storm this league in 15/16.

[youtube]AwqeEhs5v-o[/youtube]

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
LondonMariner43
May 18, 2015, 9:41am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Couldn't agree more - I spent quite a bit of time on here yesterday partly because I was fearful of negative comments and wanted to get in an contradict them with some positivity.   Its been great to see the mood on this board, with only a handful of badly timed comments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
RonMariner
May 18, 2015, 9:53am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,008
Gold Stars: 216
Well said.

I am so proud of the lads. They gave everything yesterday. We were the better side.  All we needed was a bit of luck late on with a couple of those balls into the box and we would have won.

We lost the match but we have found a winning team. If we can keep this squad together we will win the division next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Trawler
May 18, 2015, 9:57am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
fish

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
Rik e B
May 18, 2015, 9:59am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Couldn't agree more - I spent quite a bit of time on here yesterday partly because I was fearful of negative comments and wanted to get in an contradict them with some positivity.   Its been great to see the mood on this board, with only a handful of badly timed comments.

This. At the ready to post in d3f3nce of our boys and how proud I am should the naysayers have surfaced but good to see that Im singing from the same hymmsheet as the majority.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
big al
May 18, 2015, 10:04am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
As I walked away from Wembley yesterday I thought - that's enough footie for me for some time. Strange how this morning that I'm looking forward to going again. I'm probably a long way from being the committed fan that many are on here but this season's been great I think. Silver-lining for me is I live 13 miles from Tranmere Rovers. There are many fantastic boozers I can tell you about in Liverpool. See you there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
big al
May 18, 2015, 10:06am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from Rik e B

This. At the ready to post in d3f3nce of our boys and how proud I am should the naysayers have surfaced but good to see that Im singing from the same hymmsheet as the majority.

I think some people in life have to find someone/something to blame when things don't turn out the way you want them to. Classic case that yesterday was nobody's fault and no one was to blame. We move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
RonMariner
May 18, 2015, 10:17am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,008
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from big al

I think some people in life have to find someone/something to blame when things don't turn out the way you want them to. Classic case that yesterday was nobody's fault and no one was to blame. We move on.

Exactly.

We now have a team and a manager that we can all get behind. Let's turn Blundell Park back into the fortress it once was. Three more home wins would have seen us champions this season. Let's be that 12th man, and lets cheer this squad on to the very top.

Sod the playoffs. Let's go for the title. We can do this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
barrattstandman
May 18, 2015, 10:18am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 17
CHANGE THE PLAY OFF RULES.

One up automatically has long been thought unfair, two are automatically relegated. Lets scrap the Conference play offs and go with this idea.

3rd in Conference plays 3rd bottom in the 2nd Division and 4th in Conference plays 4th bottom . These games could be either 2 legs or a one off

at Wembley. That way the outcome could be 2,3 or 4 up or down.

Thoughts ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
jonnyboy82
May 18, 2015, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
It's hard to say anything negative after watching every single town player give everything for the shirt yesterday.

This town squad had a lottery of a penalty shootout and i feel for every town player and fan.

Nothing but positivity from Me and if I can be positive then anyone on here should be after watching the lads yesterday.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Refreshing....now is the start

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.