Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider and 360 Guests

£100 pledge thread!

This thread currently has 16,097 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
moss_side_mariner
May 20, 2015, 8:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +9 / 0
Approval: +1,043
Gold Stars: 3
no brainer. i'm in

from the banks of the river humber, to the shores of sicilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 144
May 20, 2015, 8:32pm
Guest User
Quoted from immariner
As suggested in another thread, could this be done as a way to subsidise Junior tickets for those who qualify for free school means (as an example), getting bums on seats and potentially creating life-long (paying) fans. Junior supporters could sign up to a loyalty scheme and be put into a prize draw to win tickets to games, subsidised by these kinds of "donations". I think it would create a great community-feel whilst boosting the "war chest".

I am in if it is to boost transfer / wages funds. Definitely not in if the above applies.
Reply: 31 - 144
heppy88
May 20, 2015, 8:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
If as suggested in the other thread, this would be a loan that would be repaid as a discounted season ticket next season I would be definately in.
Think its a great idea.
Just keep it simple. Pay £100 extra on this years season ticket and recieve £100 discount off future season ticket. In effect an interest free loan for the club. Simples.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 144
MawsleyMariner
May 20, 2015, 8:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +47
Im in.

Also, remember there are a lot of visitors to the fishy who are not members (150 guests at the time of this post) who might want to pledge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 144
GrimRob
May 20, 2015, 8:46pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Already got £300 of commitments from non-forum members. I'd rather everyone register on here (to register just send an email to rob@thefishy.co.uk) so it's all in once place but I will keep a list of people who have let me know.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 34 - 144
immariner
May 20, 2015, 8:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from 75

I am in if it is to boost transfer / wages funds. Definitely not in if the above applies.

Why not? It would boost our budget and certainly wouldn't need to be all of it, probably just a tiny fraction of the amount raised (a few hundred junior tickets a season perhaps). Add in the loyalty card/prize draw aspect of it then you're incentivising Junior supporters to attend (and pay) for the chance at a later date to win a free ticket. At the same time this might help to create long-term supporters who will continue to put money into the club for years to come, whilst helping to create a postitive image of GTFC as a community-centred club. To my eyes, it's certainly a better proposition, giving a lot more potential future benefit, than a collective, short-term, 'throwing-the-money-at-it' project.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 144
May 20, 2015, 8:47pm
Guest User
Am I wrong in thinking this is simply a donation of £100? Hopefully, the lad who started the thread can pull it all together and add clarity?

Would be a nice gesture to JF and the board members. A drop in the ocean maybe, but a gesture all the same.
Reply: 36 - 144
GrimRob
May 20, 2015, 8:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from 75
Am I wrong in thinking this is simply a donation of £100? Hopefully, the lad who started the thread can pull it all together and add clarity?

Would be a nice gesture to JF and the board members. A drop in the ocean maybe, but a gesture all the same.

Personally I think it has to be a straightforward donation which goes to the playing budget and nothing else, and is not any sort of loan with an administrative burden to gtfc. We'll all see the benefits of it right in front of us when we watch Town. That's only my opinion though, I am not organising this.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 144
May 20, 2015, 8:54pm
Guest User
Quoted from immariner

Why not? It would boost our budget and certainly wouldn't need to be all of it, probably just a tiny fraction of the amount raised (a few hundred junior tickets a season perhaps). Add in the loyalty card/prize draw aspect of it then you're incentivising Junior supporters to attend (and pay) for the chance at a later date to win a free ticket. At the same time this might help to create long-term supporters who will continue to put money into the club for years to come, whilst helping to create a postitive image of GTFC as a community-centred club. To my eyes, it's certainly a better proposition than a collective, short-term, 'throwing-the-money-at-it' project.

I'll answer honestly, sorry if I cause offence but you did ask.

Junior tickets are already very cheap. I'm not sure how much they are as I don't have kids but I know there is a kids for a quid deal in the main stand.

So tickets for kids are already subsidised. I don't want to contribute to people on benefits, I already do this with my taxes and I think people on benefits get too much for nothing as it is.

The tax credit nonsense annoys me, as do the lack of a means tested child benefit system (I.e you could earn 100k a year and are still entitled to benefits).

I do want to contribute towards the signing of a new striker though. I don't want anything back, my only incentive is to show support to the club, the board and the players.
Reply: 38 - 144
barralad
May 20, 2015, 8:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Guys and girls The Trust are putting the finishing touches to a boost the budget scheme which will incorporate all of these pledges. Watch this space!!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.