Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 340 Guests

£100 pledge thread!

This thread currently has 16,092 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
May 21, 2015, 2:47pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew
Don't take that post the wrong way, it's not an 'allegation'.

My point is I know the trust put the money towards all different areas of the club which is brilliant. On this occasion I'd just like to see the money spent specifically on players. And with Chris' post saying that is the case, then brilliant. I'm not sure how that post could've been read any other way...

That's how i read it, which is why when PSG suggested i do a standing order for the 100 club, i said i would rather the money went straight to the transfer fund as some of the 100 club money goes on prizes and is a separate issue for me.

Anyway, think i'll wait now and see what the Trust come up with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 144
Grimsby2012
May 21, 2015, 4:53pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
I'd be more than happy to put £100 to the clubs kitty, possibly £200 or £300 if i can.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 144
Nelly GTFC
May 21, 2015, 4:56pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,734
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Grimsby2012
I'd be more than happy to put £100 to the clubs kitty, possibly £200 or £300 if i can.
Same here, although I'm breaking into savings to fork out my £100, then season ticket on top, new shirt etc.

As soon as I get another full-time job, I'll bang in a few hundred quid extra more as well.

If we can get this around the whole Town, not just the Fishy, use Facebook etc.  Also businesses involved, I can't see why 50K can't be raised, maybe even 100K.

Do it every year as well, I'd pledge the cash no problem.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 144
BeijingMariner
May 21, 2015, 5:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
i dont know why but the love on this thread makes me feel weak. i wont say close to tears coz thats not possible, but, yeah, weak. great place, great team. im home sick. count me in, maybe for more. plus i like the idea of the club taking this on and running with it, cheaper season tickets, discounts at the bar, McMennemys discounts, all that stuff........all the ideas are there. Grimrob, this is your site, why not ask for a meet with the suits? let's be honest, as negative as this site can get sometimes, over the course of the years you have set up something that is a real tour de force, a voice of the fans.....the GT follows your lead, the fans organise amazing shyt with themes through here......maybe its time the club recognised what you have done  and what goes on here?
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 93 - 144
GrimRob
May 21, 2015, 7:46pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from BeijingMariner
i dont know why but the love on this thread makes me feel weak. i wont say close to tears coz thats not possible, but, yeah, weak. great place, great team. im home sick. count me in, maybe for more. plus i like the idea of the club taking this on and running with it, cheaper season tickets, discounts at the bar, McMennemys discounts, all that stuff........all the ideas are there. Grimrob, this is your site, why not ask for a meet with the suits? let's be honest, as negative as this site can get sometimes, over the course of the years you have set up something that is a real tour de force, a voice of the fans.....the GT follows your lead, the fans organise amazing shyt with themes through here......maybe its time the club recognised what you have done  and what goes on here?

All I have really done is provided the plumbing for others to express their views and show their support for the club.I was dreading what the Fishy was going to be like if we lost but it couldn't have been more different to what I imagined. The Trust really is the organisation to interact with the football club and provide fan input and we'll be hearing soon of their latest initiatives. I have given my views to them on how I think their scheme should work, plus I am sure they read what is on here as a way of gauaging the mood amongst the wider fan base, and I am happy to back whatever they come up with.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 94 - 144
Southwark Mariner
May 21, 2015, 7:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 82
I'm in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 144
grimsby pete
May 21, 2015, 9:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
We need to raise at least £50,000 so we can get an extra player in,

If we can reach somewhere near that total then I am in,

If we only manage £10,000 what would that amount do to the budget ?

I do not want to put a damper on things,

BUT

Anything less than £50,000 would not bring us that extra player.

So we need 500 pledges,

Come on we can do it,

Mind you if someone like David Ross donated £100,000,

He would not even notice it had gone out of his bank account.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 144
BIGChris
May 21, 2015, 9:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete
We need to raise at least £50,000 so we can get an extra player in,

If we can reach somewhere near that total then I am in,

If we only manage £10,000 what would that amount do to the budget ?

I do not want to put a damper on things,

BUT

Anything less than £50,000 would not bring us that extra player.

So we need 500 pledges,

Come on we can do it,

Mind you if someone like David Ross donated £100,000,

He would not even notice it had gone out of his bank account.

That would be if we were trying to secure a top earner, someone on more than anyone else.

Only my view but any contribution would be welcome. If we end up with £10k that would help.
I for one wouldn't want us to have funded One player in Particular. That could be very divisive. For every Carl Magnay there is. a signing that doesn't work out. The last thing anyone needs is a flop designated as THE player bought by fans. I would rather we contribute a little to the whole squad but ultimately that will be decided by others
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 144
coxy
May 21, 2015, 9:36pm

The only way is UP !!
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +67
Very happy to donate although think I would only manage £50 sadly being an expensive few weeks and need work a hell of a lot to afford much more... Please let me know when I am all for it

Let's show them we are town for a reason

Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 144
LH
May 21, 2015, 9:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
£10k on a fee or wages could be the difference between getting a target or not getting them. Bogle for example.
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › £100 pledge thread!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.