Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What now on saturday afternoons.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

What now on saturday afternoons.

This thread currently has 5,557 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
cmackenzie4
May 23, 2015, 12:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ginnywings

Thank you, i will.

Going to find some remote spots and chill out.

I'd recommend the north Coast of Scotland, very nice and some amazing scenery and if you have time to drive through Glencoe, some of the best scenery you will see in the British Isles.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
Rick12
May 24, 2015, 9:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ginnywings
Away somewhere in my camper. Probably walking some coastal path or suchlike. Other half finishes her degree next week and has just got a job which starts in August, so we are planning to sodomist off round northern England and Scotland for a few weeks from the beginning of June and it will be the start of the season before we know it.
Sounds good.Sort of thing I would do if I had the time and money.Student still on the up  

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
forza ivano
May 24, 2015, 11:09am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
Shropshire and the Welsh borders. Lovely part of the country.
Love the summer break , hours in the garden, long runs through the fields and lanes, plus cricket for the village team with red kites circling overhead and idyllic views over to quainton hill.bliss
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
Teesknees
May 24, 2015, 12:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Worked on the Isle of Iona a few years ago.. beautuful place if you're up that way.. although all the women looked like men with head scarfs on! There was only one hotel and one morning one of the guys woke up to find the hotel manager in his bed. also male... when we got up he was sat in the hotel lounge and went home an hour later and refused to pay the bill! There was also a convention of druids there at the same time so it was a bizzare experience!
Anyway nice place to visit!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
grimsby pete
May 24, 2015, 12:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
I will be up in Yorkie land for the next few Saturdays,

After that I suppose it will be Wimbledon on the telly,

Then waiting for the new fixtures to come out,

Seeing when we have Braintree away will be the highlight of my day,

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
rancido
May 24, 2015, 7:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,526
Gold Stars: 96
Probably lunch time sessions in the Cromwell Club plus 2 weeks in Teneriffe while I'm still young enough to enjoy it!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
GYinScuntland
May 24, 2015, 7:37pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from ginnywings
Away somewhere in my camper. Probably walking some coastal path or suchlike. Other half finishes her degree next week and has just got a job which starts in August, so we are planning to sodomist off round northern England and Scotland for a few weeks from the beginning of June and it will be the start of the season before we know it.

My all time favourite. Trying to do the whole of our coast.
Walked the tip of Spurn to South Sheilds, Gibralter point to Meggies, Wyre Estuary at Fleetwood to The Ribble at Lytham, Liverpool Docks to Southport. What an afternoon that was - my feet were killing.  
I truely believe you don't need to leave this country for scenery, no matter what the weather. Coast and cliffs look completely different in the snow and the sunshine.
Taking the other half on a little baby walk tomorrow from Mablethorpe to Skegness.
It will be a lovely surprise for her as I told her we were parking at Chaple St Leonards and it was ony a couple of miles.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
promotion plaice
May 24, 2015, 7:46pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,995
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from GYinScuntland

My all time favourite. Trying to do the whole of our coast.
Walked the tip of Spurn to South Sheilds, Gibralter point to Meggies, Wyre Estuary at Fleetwood to The Ribble at Lytham, Liverpool Docks to Southport. What an afternoon that was - my feet were killing.  
I truely believe you don't need to leave this country for scenery, no matter what the weather. Coast and cliffs look completely different in the snow and the sunshine.
Taking the other half on a little baby walk tomorrow from Mablethorpe to Skegness.
It will be a lovely surprise for her as I told her we were parking at Chaple St Leonards and it was ony a couple of miles.  

Chapel St Leonards is a little known gem of a place, we love taking the dogs there.. Anyway me and my wife are taking the dogs to stay in a static caravan for a week at reighton sands at reighton gap between Bridlington and Scarborough, love it there.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
GYinScuntland
May 24, 2015, 8:01pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from promotion plaice

Chapel St Leonards is a little known gem of a place, we love taking the dogs there.. Anyway me and my wife are taking the dogs to stay in a static caravan for a week at reighton sands at reighton gap between Bridlington and Scarborough, love it there.

I often get the train from Cottingham to Brid then Walk to Scarborough and train back, it's stunning coastline.
Went only the week before last and fell out with some holidaymakers on clifftops at Cayton Bay.
There was a lot of wailing coming from the rocks out at sea and the conversation went along the lines of:-

Son- Dad, what's that noise?
Dad- I think it's seals or walruses.
Me- Nah mate, it's the rapid cliff climbing, kid eating sea monster.
Son- Whaa... I want to go back to the caravan mum.
Mum to me - You flipping evil twit.
Dad- There aren't any monsters.
Son- You took me to find the Loch Ness one.

Mum was pretty meaty and mad so I did one in the general direction of Scarborough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
MarinerMart
May 25, 2015, 10:14am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
I will take the opportunity to transfer my old GTFC videos to my computer......the good old days revisited and some legends of past seasons
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What now on saturday afternoons.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.