4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
mimma
May 23, 2015, 2:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Let us not forget that we have had a striker since Reddy in Liam Hearn that could have also been a top striker but for injuries.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
Abdul19
May 23, 2015, 5:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
If Reddy hadn't got injured in March 06 we'd have gone up automatically.

We'd probably be in next seasons Champions League too!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 23, 2015, 6:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Abdul19
If Reddy hadn't got injured in March 06 we'd have gone up automatically.

We'd probably be in next seasons Champions League too!

Just now I'd settle for any league above this one!

True enough about Reddy. Credit to Slade for signing him and playing to his strengths. Just shows what you can achieve with a striker who can make something out of nothing. I haven't checked this up but I seem to think Reddy was good at getting the crucial winner or first goal to break a deadlock. We could do with someone with that knack now.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
diehardmariner
May 23, 2015, 6:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
I think in context of the division, Reddy was the best striker I've seen in a Town shirt.

Especially at that level you tend to get players who have an attribute of technique, power or pace.  Reddy had them all and for that six month period he was practically unplayable.   Throughout thhat video he looks like a man playing against boys.

What that video doesn't show is the work Gary Jones did to create so much space for Reddy.  Again, in context of the division,  best strike pairing I've seen.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
KingstonMariner
May 23, 2015, 7:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think in context of the division, Reddy was the best striker I've seen in a Town shirt.

Especially at that level you tend to get players who have an attribute of technique, power or pace.  Reddy had them all and for that six month period he was practically unplayable.   Throughout thhat video he looks like a man playing against boys.

What that video doesn't show is the work Gary Jones did to create so much space for Reddy.  Again, in context of the division,  best strike pairing I've seen.

That's the key phrase though. Second half of the season we were sussed out and we ended up losing out on promotion. Good though Reddy was, we became a one-trick pony.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
KingstonMariner
May 23, 2015, 7:04pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Meza
Hmm Reddy vs Mendonca

On individual brilliance it has to be Reddy.

Really? 20 goals for a relegation team (2 divisions higher). No contest - the other way.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Will we ever see the like again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.