Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › It's time for three up, three down.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 279 Guests

It's time for three up, three down.

This thread currently has 6,735 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 23, 2015, 7:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
THE INDEPENDENT puts a very good case for three up, three down. Hopefully the authorities will take notice.

http://www.independent.co.uk/s.....t-fair-10271862.html

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
nightrider
May 23, 2015, 7:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Makes no odds to Town though as weve never finished 2nd.
You could make an argument that the likes of Eastleigh / Forest Green would devalue the league as opposed to Tranmere

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
GiveUsAG
May 23, 2015, 8:03pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
I personally do think it's time for change. The 3 up, 3 down initiative needs to be adopted.

I think it's a matter of time before there's either another league introduced, or the 'National league' is made a football league division.

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
MarinerMart
May 23, 2015, 8:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Approval: +209
League 2 clubs would never vote for it....the only time they would want it is when they end up in the conference
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
promotion plaice
May 23, 2015, 8:12pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from MarinerMart
League 2 clubs would never vote for it....the only time they would want it is when they end up in the conference

Then maybe the vote should be taken out of their hands.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
GrimRob
May 23, 2015, 8:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from MarinerMart

They might because if they do go down at least it makes it a lot easier to come back up!

Don't forget it  used to be zero, then one, then two promotion places so they have already voted for it to go up twice..

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 27
chaos33
May 23, 2015, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
It's a good piece and I hope it increases popular support and a change in the rules.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
jimgtfc
May 23, 2015, 8:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,010
Gold Stars: 40
I'd actually prefer league 2 and the conference to merge and become L2 north and south. But that's another story.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
TownSNAFU5
May 23, 2015, 8:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,773
Gold Stars: 41
It makes sense for League 2 clubs TO vote for it.  Currently, if they get relegated they are likely to spend an average of 5-7 years in NL before they back into the League again.

Relegation can happen to big teams such as Grimsby, Luton, Bristol Rovers, Wrexham and Tranmere etc.

With 3 up and 3 down they have a 50% better chance every season of getting back into League 2. This represents a much better risk to all teams than the current arrangements.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
May 23, 2015, 8:39pm
Guest User
It's fine as it is. Too many tinpot clubs are in the league as it is. We'll get out of it next season, then we'll never look back again.
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › It's time for three up, three down.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.