Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Operation promotion started ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 337 Guests

Operation promotion started ?

This thread currently has 3,899 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
highcliff mariner
May 25, 2015, 1:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Well it's on the waiting list , a little underwhelmed if I'm honest .

Strike while the irons hot ?

UTM
Private Message
MeanwoodMariner
May 25, 2015, 2:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from highcliff mariner
Well it's on the waiting list , a little underwhelmed if I'm honest .

Strike while the irons hot ?

UTM

To be fair I think signalling the intention to take advantage of the positivity is all they've had time to do so far. Establishing a "concept" like #operationpromotion is a starting point and likely to encompass a whole load of ideas.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
LH
May 25, 2015, 2:15pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Alan Alger will love this one.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
RichMariner
May 25, 2015, 2:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I've never interacted with Alan Alger on Twitter - he's one of those low-life characters that lives for the reactions of others by making subtle antagonistic comments.

If anything I think we should all just agree to ignore him. If he doesn't get a reaction from us, he fails.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
bax
May 25, 2015, 5:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
For those who haven't seen it, the Trust launched Operation Promotion this morning. You can read more here:

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/operationpromotion/

There's LOTS to come in the coming days and weeks. Operation Promotion lasts all season. The last season ended 7 days ago. Loads of stuff has happened in the last week, some of the stuff planned is on a big, big scale and takes a few days to pull together.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
pontoonlew
May 25, 2015, 5:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
I don't really 'get' that announcement, or is it just an announcement to say there are initiatives coming soon?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
RichMariner
May 25, 2015, 5:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I presume the misspelling of Lloyd Griffith's name was deliberate, in a let's-put-an-s-at-the-end-of-names-when-there-isn't-one sort of way, that us Grimbarians tend to do?  

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
promotion plaice
May 25, 2015, 9:13pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Nearly made a mammary of myself by posting operation promotion ( quickly deleted it ). Not been back from work long and i didn't see it had already been posted.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
KingstonMariner
May 25, 2015, 10:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from pontoonlew
I don't really 'get' that announcement, or is it just an announcement to say there are initiatives coming soon?

That's the way it reads to me. They've got some ideas and they're working on them.

I suspect there'll be issues like the financial fair play rules, tax, VAT etc to consider Plus if there are any other third parties involved or affected, that needs to be taken into account.

Give em time.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
BIGChris
May 26, 2015, 1:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.98
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Rather than dissapointed I am looking forward to what #operationpromotion entails?

The one thing that could make the difference is if the local public really gets behind the football club, that all parties embrace one another with a wave of positivity.

I know many already do but it would be a huge boost to the club if felt everyone was supporting them, from local fans the business community & even the council.

We really could have a bright future if we can get the majority on board, not only for the football club but the community & area in general.

Hope the news comes soon but rather they get in right and wait a week or so than introduce something ill thought out

UTM
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Operation promotion started ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.