1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Laddy89
May 25, 2015, 4:06pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
Just a quick post to see what the general feel is on this topic,  since being based in Edinburgh now for over a year, I have been to see Hearts on a few occasions, mostly because the father in law is a season ticket holder.

Their fans pay money into a pot each month to help with wages and keeping the club ticking over, I know the in law pays £15 a month, and all money goes towards wages + running costs etc.

Do you think ;

A.  We would have enough fans who would willingly do this to make it worth while.

B. Could this be something the club would set up?

Just wondered what everyones views were.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
May 25, 2015, 5:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I could understand it from a non league point of view but at league level why would you, league players get far more than they are worth, a reason why clubs operate on the brink.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
GiveUsAG
May 25, 2015, 6:22pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
Quoted from Laddy89

Their fans pay money into a pot each month to help with wages and keeping the club ticking over, I know the in law pays £15 a month, and all money goes towards wages + running costs etc.

Isn't this why people join the Mariners trust?  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
chaos33
May 25, 2015, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,869
Gold Stars: 353
I thought that the money you give to the club when purchasing tickets, merchandise etc went into the kitty to pay for upkeep, wages etc. Do Hearts fans pay this as an extra donation then?

As has been said, I guess this is why Trusts have been established.  Still, I guess, if you attend two home matches a month, buy refreshments, a programme, some merchandise and subscribe to the club website you're probably giving the club in the region of £60 a month anyway - that's quite a considerable sum.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Laddy89
May 25, 2015, 7:54pm
Lager Top Drinker
Yes they pay £20+ a ticket, but then make monthly direct debit donations which goes towards all sorts of things in the club and they are now in the best financial state for many of years.

Is the mariners trust enough money each year to make a difference though is all im thinking?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
chaos33
May 25, 2015, 8:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,869
Gold Stars: 353
I see. Well, that's good. Plenty are willing to make a regular or one off donation, evidently.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
GiveUsAG
May 25, 2015, 10:19pm

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
Quoted from Laddy89
Yes they pay £20+ a ticket, but then make monthly direct debit donations which goes towards all sorts of things in the club and they are now in the best financial state for many of years.

Is the mariners trust enough money each year to make a difference though is all im thinking?

I do think £15 a year is really cheap. But maybe if we can get enough fans to realise how cheap that actually is, then yeah, I think it'll be enough to make a big difference.

Personally wouldn't mind donating at least a fiver a month to the trust (unemployed at the moment, otherwise I'd pay more).

I've mentioned on the 'Mariners trust' thread, that I believe there has been a massive difference at the club since the Mariners trust has been on the board, particularly in the PR department.  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Laddy89
May 25, 2015, 11:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Totally agree mate. The club is really going places i feel
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
barralad
May 26, 2015, 2:13pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from chaos33
I thought that the money you give to the club when purchasing tickets, merchandise etc went into the kitty to pay for upkeep, wages etc. Do Hearts fans pay this as an extra donation then?

As has been said, I guess this is why Trusts have been established.  Still, I guess, if you attend two home matches a month, buy refreshments, a programme, some merchandise and subscribe to the club website you're probably giving the club in the region of £60 a month anyway - that's quite a considerable sum.

I was very surprised at how many Trust members live nowhere near Grimsby. I (think I) know you don't and do travel very regularly to B.P. but for some (a lot!) that appears not to be an option. It is a way of supporting the club from afar, and was, in any event, the reason for the setting up of the Mariners Trust 100 Club scheme where, for "donations" in multiples of £5.00 per month fans get a chance to win a monthly prize as well as helping the Trust to help the club. This also applies to people like myself who after joining some years ago as a £100.00 lifetime member found I was making no further contributions....

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hearts FC - GTFC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.