Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don't panic Capt Mainwaring!!!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 171 Guests

Don't panic Capt Mainwaring!!!

This thread currently has 3,207 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
May 27, 2015, 10:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Lots of noise about who is staying and who is going in the last 24 hours but worth noting that there will be loads of talent available and desperate to sign in July as did Clay, Mag and JPP last year.

Also PH does appear to have a good eye for a player so if we lose a few even with our budget we may gain a few.

Last years squad was exceptional off the park and strong on it maybe next year it could be the other way around, who knows?.

Time to trust the manager......................as we all pretty much did on the weekend of May 16th/17th !!  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
A.l.f.
May 27, 2015, 10:37pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
Absolutely - When Hurst brought in Gowling It did make me think that maybe Shaun may be leaving.  It was always going to be difficult to keep our best performers after going so close.
Lets remember - we didnt get what we deserved in the play off final but those lads gave their all.
They have to look after their best interests and if thats away from GTFC so be it.  We have to remember that our budget depends on our income unless we risk the Peter Ridsdale approach at Leeds and gamble - a gamble that Leeds are still paying for.
Paul Hurst has a good eye for players and as long as we keep most of the squad together but more importantly we as fans continue to support the team then all is not lost.

Sure I'd be disappointed to lose Shaun and Carl but we have to remember where we are these days.
I'm certain the players have not been offered less money as some have indicated but we simply can't compete with wages league clubs can offer and 2/3 year deals.

Whatever happens I will continue to support my club as I have for the past 42 years.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
grimps
May 27, 2015, 10:54pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,093
Gold Stars: 46
balderdash !
All we had to do was try and keep this team together for a good start.
We have failed and we will fail again next season.
The same mistakes have been made verry year since we've been down here , copulated if I'll be buying a season ticket , I'll just wait until Febuary March time when we get a few loan players in for the final push for another play off failure
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
HertsGTFC
May 27, 2015, 10:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from grimps
balderdash !
The same mistakes have been made verry year since we've been down here , copulated if I'll be buying a season ticket , I'll just wait until Febuary March time when we get a few loan players in for the final push for another play off failure

In reality did you expect anything different?  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Sir Matt Tease
May 27, 2015, 11:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +279
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from grimps
balderdash !

How can people red cross this ?

We all know its true !

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
LongEatonMariner
May 27, 2015, 11:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +12 / -6
Approval: +1,037
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease

How can people red cross this ?

We all know its true !

flipping hell not you. I thought you'd taken your negative sniping somewhere else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
Sir Matt Tease
May 27, 2015, 11:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +279
Gold Stars: 31
[quote=82]

flipping hell not you. I thought you'd taken your negative sniping somewhere else.[/quote

I'm afraid it's not negative sniping, it's someone who is drunk off seeing the same thing year in year out.

New season, new players on short term contracts, taking time to gel by which time other teams have stolen a march on us. Pick up around mid season and make a gallant effort into the play off's and lose !

And repeat, and repeat, and repeat................................sound familiar ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
A.l.f.
May 27, 2015, 11:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
If Shaun is going to Barnsley - even if Town had offered him our maximum I'm guessing it still would be no where near what Barnsley can offer.
Much as it's disappointing - it's reality.  How on earth do you expect Town to compete with League Clubs?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
Mrs Doyle
May 27, 2015, 11:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
A realist would say this is how we will always be a feeder club.  If we don't get Gowling and Toto then it will need a virtual re build which would be a tough call on Hurst to get a side together as good as our last quarters players and spirits.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
aldi_01
May 28, 2015, 7:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
95% of clubs go through this every summer. Unless clubs are rolling in cash anything more than year long contracts is rare.

People making stupid claims of not getting a season ticket because a couple of players are leaving, moving  up the leagues and getting their rewards for playing well all year is hardly a reason not to buy one.

The ethos and attitude of the whole club has changed, that wasn't sinply down to the players who will always come and go. It's about supporting thenclub you twonks, not getting mardy because some players leave and some stay. In honesty, Pearson and Magnay in particular would've left even if we had stormed the league let alone win the playoffs.

This is just the usual end of season nonsense rhetoric we get every year from some fans.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don't panic Capt Mainwaring!!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.