1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
OneLove
May 28, 2015, 7:58am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
Well I feel gutted inside that we have lost out big time here, with certain players. Spoke with one player who said he would stay if the contract was right and I know he genuinely would but seems we are offering nothing to keep any of our key players here for one more season. Not only this but we have to start from scratch again and all the new-ish fans what buzzed of the back end of last season will throw in the towel. I know its only early doors but I carnt help but feel our best chance has gone and theres no aspect of us progressing any further this coming season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
jimgtfc
May 28, 2015, 8:25am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 44
So there's a rumour (albeit a strong one) that Pearson may leave.  With Magnay possibly moving on too, hardly starting again is it?

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Caesar
May 28, 2015, 8:35am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Know it is looking a bit more glum now with players moving on but we all knew a couple would leavve, it was only hope thinking they ould all stay to power us out of this league.  

We are not starting completely from scratch and besides even if we were that doesn't mean anything at this level, most teams seen to after a year.  I really hope more stay than seems likely at the moment but if not it will free up the budget for other players to come in.

When Rodman left last season I was dissapointed but in the end we got in very strong wingers for this season, hopefully that can happen again and we can push on again, lets not let the doom come into much, it is a bloody long summer and there will be plenty of time for that later.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
DocTower
May 28, 2015, 8:41am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Still early yet , we are only picking up rumours , don't really know what's going on behind the scenes .  Going to win the euro lottery on Friday so everything will be ok .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
Les Brechin
May 29, 2015, 5:25pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from OneLove
Well I feel gutted inside that we have lost out big time here, with certain players. Spoke with one player who said he would stay if the contract was right and I know he genuinely would but seems we are offering nothing to keep any of our key players here for one more season. Not only this but we have to start from scratch again and all the new-ish fans what buzzed of the back end of last season will throw in the towel. I know its only early doors but I carnt help but feel our best chance has gone and theres no aspect of us progressing any further this coming season.

I know. I honestly don't know how we are going to cope, having to start from scratch again next season.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
RoboCod
May 29, 2015, 5:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Silly season had started on the Fishy, as always.

But ended today

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Starting again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.