Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negativity edging back again!! Jesus Christ!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 214 Guests

Negativity edging back again!! Jesus Christ!

This thread currently has 2,882 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Freemoash88
May 28, 2015, 12:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
It's flipping May for Christ sake!! Yes we may or may not of lost Shaun Pearson and maybe some others based on rumour but there rumours! And if we have then so be it does anyone actually think based on the Season we've just had all be it loosing on penalties and contracts running out for the whole squad albeit Macca these players wouldn't be snapped up by football league Teams???? Money talks and so does the Football League I don't blame any player wanting better himself and don't begrudge any player after the heart and soul they gave last season and some for the pass 4 seasons (Pearson to name one).

Paul Hurst isn't an idiot and Fenty certainty isn't (some of you will disagree) but the two of them would of put a plan together like they have every Season for different outcomes in this case we haven't been promoted now they would of certainty been identifying players to sign to cover the loss of key players for bigger or higher placed Teams in the league above. So that these players give us another crack at trying to get into the Football League!

So for all those doom and gloom idiots what are starting to work there way back into the fishy. It's May!! Nothing is set in stone yet a majority of the squad hasbt committee neither have they agreed to go else where give it time!!!!

And also to the idiots constantly bombarding players on social media it's getting rather cringey and if anything it's starting to urine players off. Hence Arnold recently stating he's clearinghis Facebook account up and make a page for fans because even when he uploads a picture of him and his family it's flooded by 100 comments on "are you staying with us"

Anyway enjoy your summer and give it time to sort it's self out in sure Hurst will muster a squad to have another crack

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
SamTheMariner
May 28, 2015, 12:54pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
Well if Pearson, Magnay and LJL are off then I think the others may feel the the spirit has gone and join suit. Hope the rumours are wrong but the people who they've come from are usually correct.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Freemoash88
May 28, 2015, 12:55pm

Fine Wine Drinker
*Just to add my proof reading is poor and was rushing as I'm at work but for some reason can't edit on my IPhone but you get the gist*
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
Freemoash88
May 28, 2015, 12:57pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Agree Sam but surely if we have lost or might lost certain players im sure they have targets in mind I mean look at Macreth, Clay and Brown for example how many saw those type of players coming and how important they would be for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Freemoash88
May 28, 2015, 12:58pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Agree Sam but surely if we have lost or might lost certain players im sure they have targets in mind I mean look at Macreth, Clay and Brown for example how many saw those type of players coming and how important they would be for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
Caesar
May 28, 2015, 1:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Agree wholeheartedly with the comment but don't expect it to make much difference.  Lack of news means speculation and if history has taught us anything, it should be that speculation always errs towards the worst case scenarios.

To be honest whatever the situation ends up being I just wish it could be sorted out quickly, the constant lack of news and resulting speculation is just frustrating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 28, 2015, 1:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Caesar
Agree wholeheartedly with the comment but don't expect it to make much difference.  Lack of news means speculation and if history has taught us anything, it should be that speculation always errs towards the worst case scenarios.

To be honest whatever the situation ends up being I just wish it could be sorted out quickly, the constant lack of news and resulting speculation is just frustrating.

It won't be sorted quickly and people had better get used to the idea. Even if all the current staff make their decisions in the next week or so the rest of the close season will have long period of no news about signings.

Personally I hope we do only get news when there is something definite to get news about. The GT "Rumour Mill" on the back page is a stupid idea that just fuels daft speculation and silly talk. It would be better as well if the manager and the club did not make statements like "2 possible signings this week" until a player has actually put pen to paper. We know from experience that raising the fans' expectations is foolish and only causes disappointment when nothing happens or we see a proposed target go somewhere else. We had all that with our 'hair raising' episode last summer.    

Another thing we know from experience is that Hurst often plays the waiting game over players even after pre-season has started. Sometimes that works, sometimes he appears to wait too long but there's nowt we can do about it.

There will be an early signing or two sometime, there will be another signing or two before pre-season and there will be another signing or two during pre-season. No point in getting negative or hyped up until we know more about those signings and the squad as a whole and then we can compare them with what we had last time.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
chaos33
May 28, 2015, 1:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Boo rationalism and balance!!  

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
jonnyboy82
May 28, 2015, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Is it just me or is this "negativity" and "doom and gloom idiots" not really there just some people with reasoned concern which some like to spin into something that isn't there.

Give it a rest people are allowed to be concerned our best three players might be moving on but the doom and gloom just isn't there as much as some like to invent

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
MuddyWaters
May 28, 2015, 2:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Is it just me or is this "negativity" and "doom and gloom idiots" not really there just some people with reasoned concern which some like to spin into something that isn't there.

Give it a rest people are allowed to be concerned our best three players might be moving on but the doom and gloom just isn't there as much as some like to invent

As an alleged bona fide 'doom & gloom' merchant, I confess I'm not too thrilled that Pearson and Mags will probably leave although I expected Shaun to leave if we didn't get promotion, not just because of what they do on the pitch but also because both get involved with the community, the fans and the media.

LJL is less of a concern because we need to be better than 'hoof it to Lennie'. So doom & gloom - no, concern - yes!
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Negativity edging back again!! Jesus Christ!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.