3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Jarmo.Is.God
May 29, 2015, 2:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
So the midfield stays the same for the 2nd season which is great for consistency !
Logged Offline
Private Message
oldun
May 29, 2015, 2:35pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I was rather hoping we might have 1 new face in there, someone more physical with pace to get into the opposition box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Neilo83
May 29, 2015, 2:36pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from oldun
I was rather hoping we might have 1 new face in there, someone more physical with pace to get into the opposition box.

we still might
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
Bradford Mariner
May 29, 2015, 2:45pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
So the midfield stays the same for the 2nd season which is great for consistency !

Not if we're consistently not good enough in this area!

Still feel we're not strong enough in midfield and I fear that this will cost us again this season.

Where are the players who can control a game and create chances for the strikers?

We should be looking to recruit the best midfield players available at this level if we're going to get promoted.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Maringer
May 29, 2015, 2:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Yep, I agree that our lack of strength and pace in the middle of the park is a weakness at times. I know that Chandler's name has been mentioned here and there and, from what I've seen of him, he would give us the option of some much-needed pace in central midfield.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
fiveallive
May 29, 2015, 2:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Jamie Chandler fits the bill for me i mentioned the other week i think its a good midfield (central) Disley, Brown, Clay and Chandler good mix of youth and experience.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
highcliff mariner
May 29, 2015, 2:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -3
Approval: +778
Quoted from Bradford Mariner

Not if we're consistently not good enough in this area!

Still feel we're not strong enough in midfield and I fear that this will cost us again this season.

Where are the players who can control a game and create chances for the strikers?

We should be looking to recruit the best midfield players available at this level if we're going to get promoted.

UTM

So we are consistently not good enough in midfield ?  ,and lots , have said our strikers  rare not  great .
I'm fooling amazed that we got anywhere near promotion 😜
UTM
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
DocTower
May 29, 2015, 3:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +1,223
Quoted from highcliff mariner

So we are consistently not good enough in midfield ?  ,and lots , have said our strikers  rare not  great .
I'm fooling amazed that we got anywhere near promotion 😜
UTM

If we are to get promotion  we have to be better than last term , better players . Stats  don't lie .  Last season is now history  .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Mighty_Mariner
May 29, 2015, 3:07pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Think Lois Maynard would have been perfect had he not signed for Tranmere! 12 goals from midfield with bags of power and creativity. Halifax's POTY and exactly the sort of players we should be aiming to sign IMO.

I have total faih in PH to bring in the required quality though!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
jimgtfc
May 29, 2015, 3:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
Thought our midfield last season was the best we've had for years. I'm delighted we've kept them together.  

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Midfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.