Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The Mariners Bar, Sa Coma, Majorca
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 329 Guests

The Mariners Bar, Sa Coma, Majorca

This thread currently has 2,025 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
June 28, 2015, 10:08pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Was more than a little bit pleasantly surprised when our coach pulled up at the Torre Blanca hotel complex in Sa Coma in Majorca to find the pub next to it was called The Mariners.

Went in to the bar but unfortunately there's no GTFC memorabilia in there. Spoke to the owners who said they bought it from a couple of Grimbarians (Pete and Jill someone or other) about 8 years back and decided to keep the name. Spoke to them to see if they would be averse to me mentioning it on here and seeing if anyone going there could drop a scarf or the like off, obviously not as it might mean more custom, and they have advised that if any Town fans are going to Sa Coma they would willingly put up any amount of Town stuff in there and make it a welcoming watering hole for any Town fans.

Decent wee bar, do the usual British grub if you like that kind of thing when you're abroad.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
June 29, 2015, 10:18am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Did you ask them to donate to our fundraiser John ?  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
jock dock tower
June 29, 2015, 10:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Pete, they're Scottish.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 4
grimsby pete
June 29, 2015, 3:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from jock dock tower
Pete, they're Scottish.

Say no more  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 4
pontoonlew
July 4, 2015, 10:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,724
Gold Stars: 163
My Nan owns an apartment in Sa Coma, we've been going for years. Think she knows the two previous owners.

There's a bar there called the Cristobel, guy in there takes any shirts or scarves and hangs them up. There's a Grimsby one taking pride of place in there somewhere, donated by yours truely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › The Mariners Bar, Sa Coma, Majorca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.