2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
June 29, 2015, 1:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Without meaning to take the shine of the Holidays thread and go off at a tangent where everyone is offering good travel advice etc...

Just wondered if anyone has booked to go to Tunisia?

As per the other thread, it's clear everyone looks forward so much to their holidays and here we are happy to share info and advice on resorts but are arguably blind to what might be around the corner

My daughter went to Sousse last summer this same last week of June with one of her friends and this year was looking to go back this time with her boyfriend

They decided though to go to Ibiza instead as there was more chance of having a good time and not just lazing on a beach.  A toss of coin decision but they could just as easily have been out there last Friday when that madman let loose

Sadly they actually know  one of the victims personally. An old guy from Goole, a friend of said boyfriend's family - a happy go lucky pensioner who just wanted a bit of peace and quiet with his wife

Just goes to show you never know your luck.  

My condolences to one and all involved - such a tragic waste
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
grimsby pete
June 29, 2015, 1:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
The sad thing about the world now is this could happen anywhere,

You might decide to stay at home instead of going abroad,

AND

It happens here

I remember just after 9/11 we went to the USA and the yanks were all saying thank you for coming to us,

We said if we cancelled our holiday the terrorists would have won,

Don't let them.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Maringer
June 29, 2015, 2:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
To be fair, it's much more likely to occur in North Africa than anywhere else in Europe. Lots of impoverished/disaffected youth in that neck of the woods. Ripe for radicalisation and plenty of access to assault weaponry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
cmackenzie4
July 2, 2015, 1:22pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Give me Scotland any day of the week! I have travelled a lot with the forces and been to a lot of holiday destinations over the years but I've never enjoyed any of them as much as I have trips here in the UK.

I have a young family and not prepared to take that risk, we was going to go to Barcelona for the week in August but that is now cancelled and off to Glencoe we go!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Grim74
July 2, 2015, 3:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Not one to sit on the fence but I have to agree with what Chris and Pete have to say. I've got 2 young children and because of the kids I'd be very weary of flying anywhere in the world in the present climate, especially a Muslim country.

But at the same time I think its right we stick two fingers up to the terrorists, a recent news report at the beach Just after the slaughter emphasised Petes point perfectly, when a British holiday maker was questioned on why he was still there,
"Because I'm on holiday and the illegitimates are not going win" was his elequent answer.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
ginnywings
July 2, 2015, 3:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Give me Scotland any day of the week! I have travelled a lot with the forces and been to a lot of holiday destinations over the years but I've never enjoyed any of them as much as I have trips here in the UK.

I have a young family and not prepared to take that risk, we was going to go to Barcelona for the week in August but that is now cancelled and off to Glencoe we go!

Hope the weather is better than when i was in Oban recently. Not to mention the midges. Scotland is very beautiful though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
cmackenzie4
July 2, 2015, 5:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
I've seen snow in Fort William in August ginny.

Yeah the midges are a bloody nuisance I can remember many years ago camping around the Mallaig area and getting eaten alive almost, you never get used to them!

Scotland is an amazing place to visit especially the West and North coast, I camped at Cape Wrath with a mate once and we didn't see anybody all week.

I strongly recommend knoydart if you like to get away from it all.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
grimsby pete
July 2, 2015, 5:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,793
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I've seen snow in Fort William in August ginny.

Yeah the midges are a bloody nuisance I can remember many years ago camping around the Mallaig area and getting eaten alive almost, you never get used to them!

Scotland is an amazing place to visit especially the West and North coast, I camped at Cape Wrath with a mate once and we didn't see anybody all week.

I strongly recommend knoydart if you like to get away from it all.

You do not take sun cream to Scotland,

A brolly and anti insect spray are essential though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
cmackenzie4
July 2, 2015, 8:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Ay I'll tell you what though Pete I've also experienced some lovely weather in Scotland, usually a nice breeze not this bloody horrible muggy heat we get here.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
ginnywings
July 3, 2015, 10:38am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,112
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Ay I'll tell you what though Pete I've also experienced some lovely weather in Scotland, usually a nice breeze not this bloody horrible muggy heat we get here.

I'm no sun worshipper and am glad it wasn't this clammy while i was there, but in Oban, it was just constant drizzle the whole time we were there, and it didn't seem to deter the midges.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tunisia

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.