Southwark Mariner
June 30, 2015, 12:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....89-detail/story.html

says the council have done some research into how a new stadium could help the town.

Here's the pdf with the research at the end:

http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/committees/FunctionsPage.aspx?dsid=130550&action=GetFileFromDB

Also mentions that the exclusivity agreement on the Peaks Parkway site has lapsed. No idea how important that fact is.

Ooh nice! Says the club has two plans of how the project could go ahead. One, we'd be able to build a stadium in 14months....the other says it would be 9 years following start of construction for a fourth and final stand!

[img]http://puu.sh/iHCCt/25d0d099ab.png[/img]

A little bit of a bleak outlook:

[img]http://puu.sh/iHDxv/09da1d4d48.png[/img]

and then a rather drab summary conclusion (spot the mistakes): [img]http://puu.sh/iHEjx/0c442660b6.png[/img]
Logged Online
Private Message
Trawler
June 30, 2015, 8:07am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.....89-detail/story.html

says the council have done some research into how a new stadium could help the town.

Here's the pdf with the research at the end:

http://www.nelincs.gov.uk/committees/FunctionsPage.aspx?dsid=130550&action=GetFileFromDB

Also mentions that the exclusivity agreement on the Peaks Parkway site has lapsed. No idea how important that fact is.

Ooh nice! Says the club has two plans of how the project could go ahead. One, we'd be able to build a stadium in 14months....the other says it would be 9 years following start of construction for a fourth and final stand!

[img]http://puu.sh/iHCCt/25d0d099ab.png[/img]

A little bit of a bleak outlook:

[img]http://puu.sh/iHDxv/09da1d4d48.png[/img]

and then a rather drab summary conclusion (spot the mistakes): [img]http://puu.sh/iHEjx/0c442660b6.png[/img]

"The club's strongly held view is that without a move to an efficient and modern stadium the club will cease to operate within 3 years"

That's a pretty powerful statement. Surprised the Telegraph aren't leading with GTFC TO CLOSE IN 3 YEARS?

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 76
mike_d
June 30, 2015, 8:15am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +375
Gold Stars: 4
They will now it's been on forums. Has anyone twitted it yet to guarantee its inclusion?

To quote - Insanely amazing or amazingly insane. Life as a Town Fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 76
moosey_club
June 30, 2015, 8:23am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
The club "will cease to operate"...very powerful statement ...or rather propoganda statement.  The club as it is currently run under its current regime may cease to operate but who is to say that should the club find itself still at BP and still non league in 3 yrs time that a takeover wont occurr ?

Strong words trying to sway the council i think, JF has stated many a time that his loans are benign and he wouldnt demand them back if the clubs future would be at risk by doing so.....so in 3 yrs time if he has had enough of pouring his money into the GTFC accounts black hole he could just walk away from a day to day role in the club and leave it open for others to take over, i dont think that equates to "the club will cease to operate" does it?
He would still have his money there as loans to be cashed in should the club find itself in a position to repay ,as he has now ,but without the day to day hassle of it.

Regards the exclusitivity expiring i wonder if this means that any other developer can now just take over the proposed site and have it for housing/ retail without a stadium?  The council have publicly shown they are open to offers for the site and the club have looked at housing development and retail development as part of the deal so i would think, without a current robust local plan in place, that a canny developer could use that to their advantage and put a hostile plan in place? They would have the ready finance and dont need the headache of a stadium to build in the middle so might be a profitable proposition for them now...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 76
MeanwoodMariner
June 30, 2015, 9:12am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from moosey_club
The club "will cease to operate"...very powerful statement ...or rather propoganda statement.  The club as it is currently run under its current regime may cease to operate but who is to say that should the club find itself still at BP and still non league in 3 yrs time that a takeover wont occurr ?

To be fair the statement then says that additional finance cannot be guaranteed, it doesn't rule it out completely, but there's no reason to think it will come. For years Fenty has said the club is available to take over and there has not been anyone come forward publicly as far as I know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 76
Heisenberg
June 30, 2015, 9:34am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,816
Gold Stars: 89
I am 100% behind the new stadium plans, but I still don't see how it's viable.  The club owe Fenty a fortune, make an annual loss, are still in non-League after 5 years, and there's an army of NIMBY's who'll fight tooth and nail to stop it, including a GTFC-supporting councillor!  I just can't see this happening.

I think everyone involved right now; fans, players and Fenty; DESERVE this to happen, but I just don't know where the money is coming from.

This all worries me.  Looking down the road at Scunthorpe United, we could not be in a more different situation if we tried.

Even though everyone's positive right now about the playing side, supporting this club is still a huge drain on the sanity of most fans, it really is depressing thinking about the future, especially when the club's owners are practically admitting we might not have one.

I would be ecstatic if the ground got built, genuinely, but right now the only thing I can think of that will give the scheme even half a chance is if we win promotion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 76
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 30, 2015, 9:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
The comments from the nimbys always raises a chuckle to me!

'Why do they need a new ground for 14000 when they only get 4000'.....I'd love fenty etc to turn round and ask why they need a 4 bedroom house when it's only then and their old Doris!

You have family round....we have big clubs every now and again!

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 76
June 30, 2015, 9:49am
Guest User
Quoted from Heisenberg

I would be ecstatic if the ground got built, genuinely, but right now the only thing I can think of that will give the scheme even half a chance is if we win promotion.

I agree. We have to ride the wave of goodwill this time as I don't think it'll be there next season should we fail again. We HAVE to go up this time.

No pressure lads...

Reply: 7 - 76
Heisenberg
June 30, 2015, 9:51am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,816
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
The comments from the nimbys always raises a chuckle to me!

'Why do they need a new ground for 14000 when they only get 4000'.....I'd love fenty etc to turn round and ask why they need a 4 bedroom house when it's only then and their old Doris!

You have family round....we have big clubs every now and again!

You've hit the nail on the head there, they make me laugh too, but the problem is their voices are heard by those who matter.  I suppose one good thing to come from their bile is that THEY come across as the hooligans!

I remember when Town took 500 to Lincoln for a pre-season (Lincs Cup) game maybe 2 years ago, and some allotment owner said "big wow, 500 to a game, tin-pot non league club" or words to that effect.  It made me wonder, how many people go to his allotment?  Seriously, is there anything, other than Armed Forces Day, that gets people in Grimsby (OK, Cleethorpes) in one place at one time like GTFC does?  No, not even close.  Without GTFC, this town is sh#te.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 76
arryarryarry
June 30, 2015, 9:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
I sincerely hope if it is built it is under scenario B as a stadium without stands at both end for 5 years would be pretty soulless.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 76
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › stadium news

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.