Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Lambert (Larry)
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 291 Guests

Phil Lambert (Larry)

This thread currently has 7,482 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerian
July 3, 2015, 7:51am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +33 / -16
Approval: +15
Popular Grimsby Town supporter Phil Lambert is currently in Leeds hospital, undergoing treatment for testicular cancer. He has had an operation this week and now awaits to start Chemotherapy next week.

A Facebook page has been set up to show Phil our support and also to help raise money and update his GTFC friends as travelling to and from Leeds does not come cheap.

[url]https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/784928001624520/?fref=ts[/url]

Lisa Pigott of GTFC has already got this seasons shirt signed and framed for us to auction, she has agreed we can us McMennemies for a fundraising evening too. A huge thank you to Lisa as she was only asked 2 days ago!

Currently a fundraising football match/family day is being planned, this was decided last night and I am meeting with Damien Smith and Emily Hanrahan in New Lloyds at 4.30pm today, so we can discuss and plan in detail.

So many people have pledged to help which is fantastic. Please feel free to contact me or on 'There's only one Phil Lambert' Facebook page if you would like to show support or even help in anyway.

Phils family are extremely grateful for the support shown and Lorna (Phils fiancee) has been over whelmed by the messages of kindness from GTFC fans,

Get well Phil mate and UTM

UP THE MARINERS
Private Message
Simariner
July 3, 2015, 8:08am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +505
I echo your thoughts Ian. And well done for trying to organise things for him.

I remember driving to Huddersfield away once in the 90's with Larry and we ended up sneaking in to watch a Castleford rugby match on the way home (don't ask why) think my Nova broke down near Caistor that day too ha

Put me down for a place in the footy or I'll try get a team sorted. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 24
Les Brechin
July 3, 2015, 9:23am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,702
Gold Stars: 174
Good luck to Larry and I hope he gets through this. I'm sure he will.

I've already contacted Larry directly to offer my support to him and an open ear for the times when he's feeling low, as I know all too well how down you can get when you are affected by serious illness.

The best advice I gave him was just to stay positive and try not to let things get you down too much and focus on something in the future to look forward too.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 24
GiveUsAG
July 3, 2015, 10:32am

Neither above nor beneath
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +530
Known Phil a good few years now, great guy. Get well Phil.  

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/mvnser.png[/IMG]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 24
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 3, 2015, 11:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Does Phil post on here?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 24
gaz57
July 3, 2015, 12:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3

A Facebook page has been set up to show Phil our support and also to help raise money and update his GTFC friends as travelling to and from Leeds does not come cheap.

I know everyone's circumstances are different but my wife has had an on going medical problem that has seen her traveling to Leeds over the past three years.
When she travels there she can claim for petrol and car parking this doesn't include visiting.
It could be worth while giving the pay office a visit or a call. I hope this helps and wish him the very best of luck.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 24
Tinymariner
July 3, 2015, 1:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
All the best Larry

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 24
cmackenzie4
July 3, 2015, 1:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Hope Phil recovers, and regards to him and his family.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 24
KingstonMariner
July 3, 2015, 2:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Known 'Larry' for years now. He's one of those faces you always see at away games. Smiles never far from his face. Town through and through.

Hope you  get this sorted* quickly Larry and hope to see you some point next season.

* I nearly wrote "licked" but under the circumstances that could be taken the wrong way.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 24
Marinerz93
July 3, 2015, 5:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Sad to hear this, Larry is a top fella, all the best Larry and a speedy recovery.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 24
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Lambert (Larry)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.