AndyDarloFC
July 21, 2015, 1:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Hi guys,

I am looking for full-time, preferably permanent work in Grimsby or the surrounding areas, as I am looking to move back down to the town as soon as I can.

Does anyone know of companies who may be hiring or can anyone at least point me into the right direction. I've tried http://www.reed.co.uk - But that just seems to be the same stuff advertised over and over again.

I'm highly experienced in the administration section, currently in my 4th year working for Student Finance England. But, I am open about any jobs that are going.

Thanks,
Andy.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Youngy
July 21, 2015, 6:56am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Try indeed.co.uk or download the daily jobs sheet from the over 19's section of http://www.lincs2.co.uk.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Marinerz93
July 31, 2015, 6:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Bloody Darlington fans coming here taking our jobs  

Good luck Andy, it's quite tough getting work in Grimsby, as mentioned above Indeed.com is very good and you can also select distance/wage and other options when searching for a job.  

Watch out for cv tossers who send you invites for interviews where you need to travel and thyen pay them for working on your cv.  My cv was already sorted by Forces resettlement but it didn't stop these goons from contacting you.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
acko338
July 31, 2015, 6:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Andy,

PM me privately for a phone number & e mail contact for someone who professionally places people into correct roles in this area.

The hiring client in each case pays her fee as they look for exact role fillers, but she needs a current c/v  for yourself to know precisely what you are qualified to do and what type of work you seek.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
ginnywings
July 31, 2015, 8:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
You can have my job if you want it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
AndyDarloFC
September 3, 2015, 1:57am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Quoted from Marinerz93
Bloody Darlington fans coming here taking our jobs  

Good luck Andy, it's quite tough getting work in Grimsby, as mentioned above Indeed.com is very good and you can also select distance/wage and other options when searching for a job.  

Watch out for cv tossers who send you invites for interviews where you need to travel and thyen pay them for working on your cv.  My cv was already sorted by Forces resettlement but it didn't stop these goons from contacting you.

Been using this a lot since the recommendation.

Had a couple of telephone interviews so far.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 18
Marinerz93
September 3, 2015, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Been using this a lot since the recommendation.

Had a couple of telephone interviews so far.

Getting a call is great as some companies don't even bother to reply.  

To get more chances, read what the company are looking for then put that on your cv in white between the lines. Some computers scan CV's for key words, the very key words that they put in the advert, the human eye can't see it because it's in white but the computer will pick it up.

Best of luck Andy.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
jamesgtfc
September 4, 2015, 7:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Marinerz93

Getting a call is great as some companies don't even bother to reply.  

To get more chances, read what the company are looking for then put that on your cv in white between the lines. Some computers scan CV's for key words, the very key words that they put in the advert, the human eye can't see it because it's in white but the computer will pick it up.

Best of luck Andy.

That sounds ingenious; until someone highlights it all and ensures the text is black!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
mariner91
September 7, 2015, 5:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Hi guys,

I am looking for full-time, preferably permanent work in Grimsby or the surrounding areas, as I am looking to move back down to the town as soon as I can.

Does anyone know of companies who may be hiring or can anyone at least point me into the right direction. I've tried http://www.reed.co.uk - But that just seems to be the same stuff advertised over and over again.

I'm highly experienced in the administration section, currently in my 4th year working for Student Finance England. But, I am open about any jobs that are going.

Thanks,
Andy.

So you're to blame!

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Marinerz93
September 9, 2015, 4:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

That sounds ingenious; until someone highlights it all and ensures the text is black!

You think recruiters have time to do that with every CV they get.  I have heard of a recruiter who used to throw away half the CV's without reading them saying he didn't want unlucky people to work for him  

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jobs in Grimsby

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.