grimsby pete
July 27, 2015, 1:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
The future looks bright.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
arryarryarry
July 27, 2015, 1:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,944
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from SpencerMariner
Josh Venney looked quality on saturday, just hope he gets the chance this season to prove himself in the conference games.

I agree, we were saying that at the game. Let's hope we see some more of him.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
sonofmadeleymariner
July 27, 2015, 1:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
I hope bit the young lads get some league time but I think their chance to really shine and grow may be in the tin pot trophy which every year we call for the youth lads to be played instead of the senior squad to keep fresh legs for the league its self

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 27, 2015, 2:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
I'm pleased that they have had the chance to play more than a few minutes in pre-season. They have fitted in and got some first team match fitness. I hope that they do get an opportunity to play this season if there's an injury or suspension in midfield.They are probably good enough to do that. The manager is not a risk taker though. It won't do their game much good to be in the youths and reserves all season long, and it won't do their morale much good if a loanee is brought in ahead of them. Who knows, football is a funny old game as Greavsie said, and given the chance one or both could be regulars next season.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
Sigone
July 27, 2015, 2:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,606
Gold Stars: 5
Now that we have a reserve side I hope there development is aided much more than the 3 poor lads last year, that just trained and got no game time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
oldun
July 27, 2015, 2:44pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Josh Venney would not look out of place in the team and will benefit from reserve games too. If Scott Kerr is sidelined when the season starts., I can see Josh on the bench no problem. I think Hurst and Doig have confidence in him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
Biccys
July 27, 2015, 2:47pm
Posts Per Day: 2.05
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from oldun
Josh Venney would not look out of place in the team and will benefit from reserve games too. If Scott Kerr is sidelined when the season starts., I can see Josh on the bench no problem. I think Hurst and Doig have confidence in him.

Do you mean Brown?

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 17
rancido
July 27, 2015, 4:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
I think having a reserve team this season will really benefit the Youth Squad. It's only a shame that the reserves can't play in a league lower down the pyramid such as Briggs level. This would bring them up against old ex professionals and give them a better experience of what league football is all about.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Southwark Mariner
July 27, 2015, 4:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from rancido
It's only a shame that the reserves can't play in a league lower down the pyramid such as Briggs level. This would bring them up against old ex professionals and give them a better experience of what league football is all about.

sounds a little too close to Greg Dyke's B teams idea
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Young Midfielders

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.