July 28, 2015, 10:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Goals for 25
Against 5

after 8 games in the league I would certainly take this.  The most impressive pre-season i've witnessed (and i've seen a few )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Rik e B
July 29, 2015, 12:29am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Impressive indeed... but it's only preseason and results count for nothing. However winning is a good habit to have and it's the stellar performances that whet the appetite.

I'd hate to count my chickens, tempt fate etc etc but this team has the feel of one that could maybe hold their own in League 1 and smash League 2. So often teams rocket up a couple of divisions having got their house in order down in Non League.

But the hardest task of all, and the only thing that matters right here and now is being absolutely certain we rise from this wretched league.

Hopefully a positive home crowd that keeps on backing when the chips are down can spur our boys onwards and upwards whereas before home form suffered due to the pressure from a large section being on the player's backs.

Let's be bullish and put teams to the sword with no mercy!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 3
Rik e B
July 29, 2015, 12:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
We were dropping like a rock and needed to steady the ship before spiralling into oblivion. We've done that now, past our lowest ebb, -the valley of the wave, and now we're rising sharply again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 3
Brisbane Mariner
July 29, 2015, 2:45am

UTM!
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +163
I am now literally pinching myself!! I have not had such an overwhelming feeling of good vibes from the team, the town, the forum and the media - I hope it all translates into performances when it counts. I am sure it will
UTM

Its hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them!
Brisbane - beautiful one day and perfect the next! UTM!!!

Religion: An Idiotic holding of firm belief in an unknown entity. The more challenging it gets, the firmer the hold. Atheists are often condemned as enemies, infidels or morons. Strange rituals are performed at the weekend. My Religion is GTFC!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Goals for and against

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.