Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Continued ticket madness?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 121 Guests

Continued ticket madness?

This thread currently has 10,311 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
July 29, 2015, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
The Mrs called the ticket office today and got our Kiddy tickets over the phone by quoting our season ticket number, she asked if they could post them out as we live out of Town (we would have paid BTW) and she was told that "we don't post tickets out"????  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
sydney
July 29, 2015, 9:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
Our ticket office is not generally very friendly
I've rung them for years as live away from Gy
They've had my card number for years and not once has anyone said
"how are you"
" hi Mr @@@@ nice to hear from you again"
" enjoy the game"
"Thankyou for your support"
They need a refresher course in customer care, and a broader understanding of where town fans may be ringing from
Such a shame as so many people work so hard and care about this club so much
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 52
chelseacity
July 29, 2015, 10:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +355
Gold Stars: 9
I agree about the ticket office not being friendly, i don't think they like each other in there and sometimes i feel an air of hostility towards each other which then rubs off on the customers. I might be wrong, but having ran a few sales forces in my time, they could do with some sales training on looking after the customer and giving such a good service that the customers want to come back time after time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 52
LH
July 29, 2015, 10:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,390
Gold Stars: 169
The ticket office system needs a look at to be honest. I've had issues getting tickets over the phone being a semi-exile during the working week yet having a season ticket registered to GY. I know a lad who had issues getting a replacement ticket for a match as he'd left his season ticket in Keelby or somewhere. There's been the one-for-one thing this week too and we're yet to have the annual scramble for Lincoln tickets. A lot of these problems have simple solutions. Agree there is often a weird atmosphere in there too. I feel like an inconvenience if I go in there on say a Wednesday afternoon for anything.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 52
Belfast Town
July 29, 2015, 10:24pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +1,689
Gold Stars: 18
Sorry to hear these comments. I've always found the staff very helpful, which is great given that I live so far away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 52
gary_elton
July 29, 2015, 10:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Ive always found the ticket office very helpful and never have a problem with tickets being sent to me
albeit for an extra fee.... as an exile it's always been OK for me

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 52
HertsGTFC
July 29, 2015, 10:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Listen ........I don't want to be negative when there is more positivity around than possibly ever before but that actually is a reason for raising this, When I did my operation promotion pledge I think if I read it right I became a trust member? possibly mis-read this but either way I was more than happy to pledge and pay.

So I know trust members participate in this forum and reckon that if someone who has a line into the club from the trust gave this feedback to Steve in the ticket office I am 100% sure it would get better and quickly. All we ask is for season ticket holders, non season ticket holders and new fans be treated with a little bit of care for spending their "hard earned".  

Also how many times do we impose draconian rules on ticket sales and retract them when they don't sell as quick as we thought they would?  

Also I don't want to sound like Victor Meldrew but when I spent £40 on a shirt for my dad on Saturday the colleague behind the counter did not even say thank you? But that's another story........

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 52
Grimal
July 29, 2015, 10:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +2,850
Gold Stars: 8
I think there might be one or two bad apples but I've normally found the staff in the ticket office quite friendly but you've got to speak as you find.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 52
sparkles
July 29, 2015, 11:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
I have to agree and also add that the level of training is also poor.
Last season, before we had season tickets, I would call up to order our tickets- 2 adults in the main stand, 1 being disabled and the other being a free disabled assistant. Almost every time it turned into a whole rigmarole, usually taking at least 15 minutes.
When we went to get our season tickets this year it took 4 separate people to do it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 52
Garth
July 30, 2015, 10:03am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Listen ........I don't want to be negative when there is more positivity around than possibly ever before but that actually is a reason for raising this, When I did my operation promotion pledge I think if I read it right I became a trust member? possibly mis-read this but either way I was more than happy to pledge and pay.

So I know trust members participate in this forum and reckon that if someone who has a line into the club from the trust gave this feedback to Steve in the ticket office I am 100% sure it would get better and quickly. All we ask is for season ticket holders, non season ticket holders and new fans be treated with a little bit of care for spending their "hard earned".  

Also how many times do we impose draconian rules on ticket sales and retract them when they don't sell as quick as we thought they would?  

Also I don't want to sound like Victor Meldrew but when I spent £40 on a shirt for my dad on Saturday the colleague behind the counter did not even say thank you? But that's another story........

Agree on this went Monday and required one extra ticket with my season ticket and felt like I was trying to con the World, but on Tuesday it was no problem, Duh!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 52
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Continued ticket madness?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.