Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chester City get on the Crowdfunder bandwagon
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 108 Guests

Chester City get on the Crowdfunder bandwagon

This thread currently has 6,666 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
July 31, 2015, 9:16pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,995
Gold Stars: 193
Chester City have noticed the success we have had with the ( Operation Promotion ) Crowdfunder and joined the bandwagon, who next !
Apparently our Crowdfunder was last year.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/chester-fc-launch-crowd-funding-9765638?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
pontoonlew
July 31, 2015, 9:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,826
Gold Stars: 167
I mean fair play to them but;

It's not a novel original idea anymore and I guarantee no side will get near to what we achieved from it and how superbly it was orchestrated.

Good luck to them though, the rich clubs in the PL should be embarrassed that supporters of lower league sides have to try fund budgets themselves as their sides struggle to stay afloat each year whilst they urine millions away on foreign imports.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
promotion plaice
July 31, 2015, 10:16pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,995
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from pontoonlew
I mean fair play to them but;

It's not a novel original idea anymore and I guarantee no side will get near to what we achieved from it and how superbly it was orchestrated.

Good luck to them though, the rich clubs in the PL should be embarrassed that supporters of lower league sides have to try fund budgets themselves as their sides struggle to stay afloat each year whilst they urine millions away on foreign imports.

I don't agree with the good luck to them, as they are our rivals in our league, but i agree with the Premier League statement wholehearted.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Rik e B
August 1, 2015, 12:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I can see this really catching on and becoming almost the norm down here in the doldrums. As forerunners we have stolen a march on our rivals but need to make it count as the playing field may level out a bit as a result.

Of course most teams down here don't have as many fanatical fans as us to raise quite as much but anything they do takes the edge off our advantage.

But our squad is built and ready with the fans ready to back. Now let's just do this!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
moosey_club
August 1, 2015, 12:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,192
Gold Stars: 224
For something that started out as a tongue in cheek comment by one poster, picked up by another poster and then officially adopted its done pretty well.
I dont begrudge anyone else taking the same route, its not about a financial advantage to me, what is more important is the siege mentality that has been created  as part of the effort.....roll on Kiddy

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
LH
August 1, 2015, 12:56am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Trendsetters. Every football fan in the country wishes they were from NE Lincs.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Abdul19
August 1, 2015, 1:01am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,510
Gold Stars: 215
The original was properly organised and superbly run at the right time. The imitations will be quickly cobbled together and will raise naff all.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Mrs Doyle
August 1, 2015, 6:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
It was a complete master stroke by THE MARINERS TRUST to set up operation promotion the timing was all important. The trust tapped into the feeling that we all felt players especially, We did not deserve to lose at Wembley. Our magnificent fans they were up for it, the team were up for it. We were in most peoples eyes robbed by a referee that admitted he bottled it, an injustice had been done.

Not just that though, we became stronger as the season went on, a couple of very shrewd signings by Hurst produced the goods and for the first time since been down here and before that, I and many others saw what a good team Hurst had built. TEAM being the key word he has got those players heads right and got rid of the doubters and laziness.

Good luck to who ever copies us but they may not have this type of success but WE ARE THE PIONEERS OTHERS WILL ONLY FOLLOW,

Two other important points not to be under estimated, this as has brought the club and fans closer together like no other and made the fans feel wanted again not isolated.

The Trust as shown GTFC what PR is all about bringing them on board as already proved it's worth.  Secondly the positive global publicity as been great all this good publicity as ultimately  brought more season tickets in and no doubt the club shop as seen a rise in sales ultimately much more money.

No wonder John Fenty is buzzing like the rest of us, must be the best and easiest (financially) close season he as ever had.

The final and most important thing now is can we achieve our gold and complete this dream? I really do hope so it would be one hell of a story to tell in later years.  

UTM..............NOW IS OUR TIME, THIS TOWN KNOWS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
grimsby pete
August 1, 2015, 10:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Michael Owen is bound to put a few thousand in,

BUT

Can not see any non league team getting near our total,

We have the best fans in the country.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
GrimRob
August 1, 2015, 10:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
If it becomes the norm then so be it. There are 120+ football professional clubs in this country (including Scotland). The way most of them have been run is not sustainable, and I think everyone would prefer to see clubs run and financed at least partly by supporters rather than just rich individuals. There are limited opportunties for normal fans to give money beyond watching games and buying the standard merchandise, so it makes sense to have additional ways to contribute for those who can afford it. Some of the most fanastic things online have been achieved by colloboration like Wikpedia and some Open Source projects. Together online we can achieve huge things unimaginable as even small groups.

If it become the norm I am proud that the revolution started at GTFC and the Fishy played a part in it, as well as the magnificent efforts of the trust of course.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Chester City get on the Crowdfunder bandwagon

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.