2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
NorthseaMariner
August 1, 2015, 10:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
Since he's hardly played in the pre-season games I was just wondering what's going on there.

We're told it not much of an injury and just a precaution, but it's been going on for weeks.

So, is it, he feels he's not as good as his reputation would have us believe and he's lost confidence?

It really is just a precaution that he's not playing, but then he won't be fully fit for the start of the season?

Or is PH keeping his powder dry and other teams won't know too much about him and he will tear up our opponents defences?

Or none of the above and I''m just losing my marbles waiting for the season to start?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
speedy
August 1, 2015, 10:43am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Since he's hardly played in the pre-season games I was just wondering what's going on there.

We're told it not much of an injury and just a precaution, but it's been going on for weeks.

So, is it, he feels he's not as good as his reputation would have us believe and he's lost confidence?

It really is just a precaution that he's not playing, but then he won't be fully fit for the start of the season?

Or is PH keeping his powder dry and other teams won't know too much about him and he will tear up our opponents defences?

Or none of the above and I''m just losing my marbles waiting for the season to start?  

I'd say a mixture of its a precaution and you're losing your marbles, combined with being a bit unlucky maybe
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
NorthseaMariner
August 1, 2015, 10:45am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,518
Gold Stars: 11
You know, I think you could be right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
jonnyboy82
August 1, 2015, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
The past few weeks the news has been he hopes to return to training this week but then that drags into another week.

Frustrating as we aint seen much but from what i have he looks to be a great signing.

Im so excited to think when he comes back what a player to have .

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
pontoonlew
August 1, 2015, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,722
Gold Stars: 163
He's come from part time to full time, the step up won't be easy on the body. Sure it's just a collection of niggles and he'll be fine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
HertsGTFC
August 1, 2015, 11:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from NorthseaMariner

No time for conspiracy theories............ I think he's just injured PH did say it may take some time

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
Garth
August 1, 2015, 11:30am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Said it all before, remember Arnold the Scarlet Pimpernel at the start of last season, never thought Id see him play, now look at him.

Truth is we are doing OK with the strikers we have at the moment and Omar will be twice the player fully fit rather than carrying an injury
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
chaos33
August 1, 2015, 12:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
So long as Omar is touch and go though I'd say we need to sign another striker. I really hope we avoid injuries in today's game. If we lost one of our other 2/3 strikers to injury we'd be starting the season very short up front.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
Doctor Sanchez
August 1, 2015, 12:30pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +19 / -6
Approval: +638
Gold Stars: 1
I'd prefer Town to be over-cautious after he's made the step up to full time football, especially when you consider the nasty injuries Hearn ended up with after making the same step up.  I'm happy for Town to give Bogle all the time he needs, we certainly don't seem to be short of goals in the meantime the way the pre-season has gone so far.

Serial thread killer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
Teesknees
August 1, 2015, 12:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Is his mother called Omar Bogle as well?!

Sorry about that weak joke,...I suppose these days it was maybe motherist as well!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.