Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best response you ever heard?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 361 Guests

Best response you ever heard?

This thread currently has 1,567 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
August 22, 2015, 10:27pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
If you ever need to bat one back here's how to do it.
I was walking along the cliffs from Bridlington towards Sewerby.
The bloke must have been well into his 80's and saved me and others the trouble of getting involved.
The gent asked a family of 6 if he could sit on the bench they were occupying and straight away they were on him, telling him to fcuk off, there's plenty of others etc etc.
He very politely said he sits on it every day and would it please be possible to have it today but they actually called him a girl private amongst others things and told him it hadn't got his name on it.
No, but it had his wife's name on it and it was 4 years ago today he lost her. You could hear a pin drop as they slunk away.
Pure class old boy, pure class.
Anyone else heard any good retorts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Marinerz93
August 23, 2015, 11:57am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Yo momma  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Marinerz93
August 23, 2015, 12:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I had a dealing with someone through work who was very aggressive and confrontational.  Every time he had a go, I would say sorry what did you say, giving him time to calm down but it only seemed to fuel his anger.  

He then snapped after I had said sorry what did you say and he said "are you fcuking deaf" I said yeah a bit but that comes with being in the Forces for 22 years.  His face was a picture and he completely changed his attitude.

He ended up apologising for his attitude but little does he know how close he was to getting punched in the throat.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
grimsby pete
September 23, 2015, 10:52am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
When I was an apprentice working on the muti storey flats ( which are about to be pulled down )

One bricklayer was different to the other workers,

Instead of giving the girls a whistle he would shout " ugly "

Until one nice dockworker turned round and said,

" You are not so fooking beautiful "

He never shouted it again.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
chaos33
October 10, 2015, 12:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from GYinScuntland
If you ever need to bat one back here's how to do it.
I was walking along the cliffs from Bridlington towards Sewerby.
The bloke must have been well into his 80's and saved me and others the trouble of getting involved.
The gent asked a family of 6 if he could sit on the bench they were occupying and straight away they were on him, telling him to fcuk off, there's plenty of others etc etc.
He very politely said he sits on it every day and would it please be possible to have it today but they actually called him a girl private amongst others things and told him it hadn't got his name on it.
No, but it had his wife's name on it and it was 4 years ago today he lost her. You could hear a pin drop as they slunk away.
Pure class old boy, pure class.
Anyone else heard any good retorts?

Not sure I have any clever retorts to report, but I know that clifftop path bewtween Brid and Sewerby and those benches well!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Maringer
October 10, 2015, 5:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Whenever I visit Brid, I'm always struck how it makes Cleethorpes seem like Cannes in comparison! Nice walk from Sewerby to Brid, mind, especially at low tide when you can walk along the beach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
AdamHaddock
October 12, 2015, 8:14pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,746
Gold Stars: 24
Call an 0800 number and tell someone who gives a sh it

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
grimsby pete
October 14, 2015, 6:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Many years ago while I was working with this old Bricklayer who was doing an awkward job,

Which was taking a lot longer time to do than planned,

He was called into the office and the boss said to him " Mr Moore you are getting slower "

To which he replied " So is Mr Bannister "

"Who is Mr Bannister " ?  the boss said,

To which my old mate replied,  

" He could run a mile in under 4 minutes once but he can not do it now "  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Best response you ever heard?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.