3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
August 29, 2015, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
We are due a bit of luck somewhere/some time soon.

Hopefully someone at GTFC is bright enough to send a copy of Rhead's admission of simulation to the FA to get Gowling off his ban but we need to kick on now. 9 points from 6 is not the start we wanted and a run of three winnable without winning is not good enough - whatever the circumstances.

Roll on Monday.....
Private Message
Rik e B
August 29, 2015, 6:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
We continue. We play with spirit and verve and I for one am proud. It's far from ideal but we're a bloody good side and I've got faith
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
Marinerz93
August 29, 2015, 8:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Rhead's words "Gowling put his hands around my neck and I went down like a professional, you can't put your hands around someones throat"

He is right of course but the simulation of being in pain and dropping like he had been shot is what got Gowling a red not a warning or yellow.  Gowling also needs to look at himself for reacting the way he did, he cost us the potential to earn all 3 points from pub team Lincoln.

Toto has earned his place after putting in a sterling performance.  Gowling can sit on his rear end for 3 matches then earn his way back into the team.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
RoboCod
August 29, 2015, 8:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
"I dropped to the floor, like a true professional, because I was in ultimate pain and we got the penalty. "

He's as stupid as he looks.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
LH
August 29, 2015, 8:07pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
I could see what was going to happen as soon as the ball was cleared. Gowling was silly and he knows it  luckily we have a capable replacement (at centre half) in Toto. I wonder if maybe Doig will be registered just in case the next three games go badly.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
jimgtfc
August 29, 2015, 8:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
As much as I like Gowling, that was a poor decision and it's probably cost us 2 vital points. I really hope now that Pearson and Toto play really well and reform their partnership from last season and take the centre half dilemma of 3 into 2 out of PH's mind.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
HertsGTFC
August 29, 2015, 8:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,636
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from RoboCod
"I dropped to the floor, like a true professional, because I was in ultimate pain and we got the penalty. "

He's as stupid as he looks.

Similar to a Gareth Bale comment " if there is contact in the box I am allowed to go down" that sad thing is the managers tell the players that and they believe it to be right???

True Professional? Looking at his waistline and his behaviour after the penalty I think not!!  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
Neilo83
August 29, 2015, 9:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +261
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Similar to a Gareth Bale comment " if there is contact in the box I am allowed to go down" that sad thing is the managers tell the players that and they believe it to be right???

True Professional? Looking at his waistline and his behaviour after the penalty I think not!!  

What did he do after the pen?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
MarinerGaz
August 29, 2015, 9:06pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
Quoted from Neilo83

What did he do after the pen?

Got booked for over celebrating (goading our fans)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
speedy
August 29, 2015, 9:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: +445
Quoted from MarinerGaz

Got booked for over celebrating (goading our fans)

Was goading before hand too, thats when all the trouble started.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A change of fortune

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.