Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 264 Guests

Time for a change now to save this season

This thread currently has 19,952 views. Print
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
September 1, 2015, 5:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

By December will be too late. The way we start our games is too slow, the way we start our season is too slow, the way our manager reacts to situations is too slow, the process for building a stadium is too slow. Everything we do is reactive not proactive. You don't need to look too far down the road to see what can be done on a very similar, if not smaller fanbase.

That's exactly my feeling. There never seems to be any urgency or drive about the place. How many managers last for 4.5 years in football today without achieving their objectives? He was brought in to get us back into the league and he has failed/is failing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 169
Vance Warner
September 1, 2015, 6:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from grimps
We have so called fan representation on the board now , how would we go about calling for a vote of no confidence in him ?

The point of fan representation is to represent fans views. Just because people get their knickers in a twist on here and start poo stirring after every bad result doesn't mean the majority of fans feel that way. I don't pretend to know the view of the majority of fans and neither should you.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 169
HighamMariner
September 1, 2015, 7:31pm
More to life than sucking fentys meglomaniac behind
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -64
Quoted from Vance Warner

The point of fan representation is to represent fans views. Just because people get their knickers in a twist on here and start poo stirring after every bad result doesn't mean the majority of fans feel that way. I don't pretend to know the view of the majority of fans and neither should you.

How was the fan representation gained again?  Was it something along the lines of....

'Sign all your shares over to me or I pull the funding from the club'

Oh okay then.

Twelve months later a position on the board for someone representing a group with no voting rights.  So what is the point?  If I were really cynical I'd suggest that a confidentiality agreement had to be signed before the individual was co-opted........but I'm sure that's not the case  

Be back when fenty felicitations off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 169
Vance Warner
September 1, 2015, 9:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,780
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from HighamMariner

How was the fan representation gained again?  Was it something along the lines of....

'Sign all your shares over to me or I pull the funding from the club'

Oh okay then.

Twelve months later a position on the board for someone representing a group with no voting rights.  So what is the point?  If I were really cynical I'd suggest that a confidentiality agreement had to be signed before the individual was co-opted........but I'm sure that's not the case  

I completely agree that the fans should have some 'voting rights' but was objecting to the assumption that the majority of fans want a change of manager. A voting system among Trust members would increase membership and avoid the voices of those who shout loudest being heard above others. Having said that you can't expect to have a vote on changing manager after every defeat.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 169
arryarryarry
September 2, 2015, 12:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Vance Warner

I completely agree that the fans should have some 'voting rights' but was objecting to the assumption that the majority of fans want a change of manager. A voting system among Trust members would increase membership and avoid the voices of those who shout loudest being heard above others. Having said that you can't expect to have a vote on changing manager after every defeat.

Did you go to the game on Monday, of the fans that were actually left in the stadium as the ref blew his whistle a fair number of them were booing showing their displeasure, how many expected that so early in the season.

Many more results like that and the board will definitely be looking at Paul Hurst's position as according to a very good source from within the club, they were looking last season after our poor start then.

Private Message
Reply: 114 - 169
Harry Haddock
September 2, 2015, 2:57am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +18 / -8
Approval: +670
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry

Did you go to the game on Monday, of the fans that were actually left in the stadium as the ref blew his whistle a fair number of them were booing showing their displeasure, how many expected that so early in the season.

Many more results like that and the board will definitely be looking at Paul Hurst's position as according to a very good source from within the club, they were looking last season after our poor start then.

You dont need anybody in the club to tell you that

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 169
oldun
September 2, 2015, 7:45am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Reading these posts is like reading the fishy this time last year.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 169
jonnyboy82
September 2, 2015, 8:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
And the year before that the year before that and oh yes the year before that too...

What does that tell you ? It tells me nowt has changed and that the common denominator is a certain mr hurst.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 169
big al
September 2, 2015, 8:31am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from jonnyboy82
And the year before that the year before that and oh yes the year before that too...

What does that tell you ? It tells me nowt has changed and that the common denominator is a certain mr hurst.

or..... the common denominator is that this league is bloody hard to get out of. Last May we were a hairs breadth away from achieving that. Other teams have done it with money or with a style of football that I wouldn't want to be associated with.

What disappoints me is that a lot of fans have clearly moved into that mindset which states 'who cares what the football is like as long as we're winning' - I for one would care. I have always been proud to be a Town fan because our best managers have wanted to play football.

I think all Town fans (pro and anti PH) share the simple truth that we feel frustrated that we are down in this league when history would suggest we should be somewhere much higher up the pile. But we're not. Change Hurst now and we could be down here for many more seasons playing hoofball.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 169
jonnyboy82
September 2, 2015, 8:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Jesus , paul hardly has us playing like barca does he !

And if it meant promotion i couldnt give a toss if it was booted 80 yards with 85 headers before it went in the back of the net.

The myth that we play football went out the window more than ten years ago , we dont and we havent since buckleys proper stints in charge.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 169
17 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.