Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 129 Guests

Time for a change now to save this season

This thread currently has 19,942 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 31, 2015, 5:50pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from jonnyboy82
What i cant understand is why do people still believe he can take us up ?

I thought you had stopped posting on here for a bit.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 169
grimps
August 31, 2015, 5:52pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from grimsby pete
We can not sack him until he has had a chance to put things right,

If after 12 games we are sill down here then that's the time to think about it.

Give it a rest Pete , we've heard all this before
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 169
KingstonMariner
August 31, 2015, 5:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Caesar
Firstly sacking managers after a few bad games is what got us down here in the first place.  Fair enough Hurst has had a few seasons now but after a busy summer this is a little too soon to be calling for heads!

Secondly Can i ask did all the people calling for Hurst's head donate to operation promotion? If so why? To me it seems insane as fans to say he gave us our club back and pump as much money as we did into the club and then to go "well that sucks, we were wrong!" before August is out.  Or did you feel as you were giving money for a different reason? Genuinely interested in what people think about that.  

I gave a fair whack of my spare money to operation promotion because I was proud to be a Mariner again in a way I hadn't been for years.  Part of that is down to Hurst, part the players and part the fans.  At the moment parts of that trinity are letting me down (its not the fans btw).  That doesn't mean I am ready to stop believing in them.  

Anyone on here who tries to paint a rosy picture of it being fine as it is only August etc is as deluded as I am when I keep buying Euromillions tickets and imagine how that will turn GTFC into European Superpowers.  

Equally anyone on here saying that Hurst has done nothing for the club needs to get themselves checked out too.  Yes there is clearly something wrong at the club if we keep dominating games and fail to win.  But that is definately better than failing to dominate games and losing.

Is that another qualification for the right to comment?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 169
grimps
August 31, 2015, 5:54pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I put £120 quid in and I say time to go
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 169
KingstonMariner
August 31, 2015, 5:54pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete
We can not sack him until he has had a chance to put things right,

If after 12 games we are sill down here then that's the time to think about it.

12 games? I reckon he's had 132 at least.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 169
Caesar
August 31, 2015, 5:56pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No not at all! I wouldn't want it to be which is why I addedd that I was really interested in responses.  I put in money cos I trusted Hurst to use it well.  So for me it is too soon to change my mind.  Is really not meant to be a barrier to stop people criticising (fairly tbh) Hurst.  Sorry if it read that way!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 169
sydney
August 31, 2015, 5:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Oh Dear
That was woeful, with all the pre-season optimism and support,  I find this result and performance and seemingly endless squad tinkering (probably the best squad assembled for a few seasons) so hard to bear ive broken my own rule of not posting until 24hrs afetr the game.
Where do we go from here?
Remember it was the title we wanted this year.
PH fan or not, he has to take responsibility for these last few results (Lincoln aside)
Come on Town!! we are better than this....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 169
topuphere666
August 31, 2015, 6:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Hurst can get good players in, his signings have largely been good. The issue is he's doesn't seem to motivate them and appears naive tactically. Rotating players (granted 2 games close together takes its toll) is never going to give us the continuity that we need to get a run together.

I think 7 points out he next 9 is needed as minimum. If we can't achieve that a review is needed, Keeping Hurst on but in a scouting role would be ideal. I don't think he would agree though...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 169
August 31, 2015, 6:15pm
Guest User
Difficult to take any positives from the game today, saying that I had great cup of tea at half time. I've never been a fan of the Hurst way of football but it would be good to hear what the Board of directors say, they really need to come out and back him or September could be a long month, 2 weeks and Brodie could be back to inflict another home defeat. Let's hope Hurst get's manager of the month for September, anything less and Sargent  Mullin will fire him.
Reply: 48 - 169
oldun
August 31, 2015, 6:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I am not in favour of a knee jerk reaction. Paul has brought some talented players into the squad and they have shown they are capable of playing attractive football. At the present time the goalkeeper is a worry and that needs to be addressed. I am also beginning to feel that we need more of a physical presence in the midfield, someone who can dominate proceedings. We just have never had this in the past few seasons. Ball players are fine but you need a mix in the team and a driving force in the engine room would add that extra steel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.