Mariner_09
August 31, 2015, 10:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from arryarryarry

I have seen them in all the friendlies against higher league opposition than us and also against the lower league teams like Cleethorpes Town and Nth Ferriby where their players really got stuck in and in my opinion look far better than Robinson has so far.

Ok, fair enough, but they still weren't competitive games.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
arryarryarry
August 31, 2015, 10:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mariner_09

Ok, fair enough, but they still weren't competitive games.

The games against Cleethorpes Town and Nth Ferriby were pretty competitive, perhaps you should ask to play in one of them next time.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
arryarryarry
August 31, 2015, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
I would also add that Robinson wasn't very competitive today.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
Maringer
September 1, 2015, 8:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
Robinson wasn't great yesterday, but he did more in the first half than Clay and the same amount of nothing as Clay in the second half. I'm surprised to see that he's bearing the brunt of all criticism when both midfielders were equally weak yesterday.

I don't think he's the right sort of player for us at the moment but can see there is a reasonable enough footballer in there so don't think we need to scapegoat him. As others have noted he played for Luton a lot during their promotion season when he was only a teenager and the Kidderminster fans liked him from his loan spell, so he's obviously got something about him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
1mickylyons
September 1, 2015, 8:25am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Maringer
Robinson wasn't great yesterday, but he did more in the first half than Clay and the same amount of nothing as Clay in the second half. I'm surprised to see that he's bearing the brunt of all criticism when both midfielders were equally weak yesterday.

I don't think he's the right sort of player for us at the moment but can see there is a reasonable enough footballer in there so don't think we need to scapegoat him. As others have noted he played for Luton a lot during their promotion season when he was only a teenager and the Kidderminster fans liked him from his loan spell, so he's obviously got something about him.

Good post they were as bad as each other you should play either one of them and another (pref disley)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
gary_elton
September 1, 2015, 8:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
Midfielders available ????

Arnold , Disley , Monkhouse, Clay, Marshall , Mackreth...

and Robinson got a game.....

why the fook did we sign him in the first place ???

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
Maringer
September 1, 2015, 8:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,382
Gold Stars: 184
Yep, I'd have started with Disley (providing he wasn't carrying any little niggles). If you have to substitute him after an hour, then fair enough, but try to keep your best players in the team whenever possible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
RoboCod
September 1, 2015, 8:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Maringer
Yep, I'd have started with Disley (providing he wasn't carrying any little niggles). If you have to substitute him after an hour, then fair enough, but try to keep your best players in the team whenever possible.

Same as I said in the earlier thread about who to drop. We had impetus after the Lincoln game, Hursts problem is that if given a choice he will always ALWAYS take the cautious ( usually less exciting) option. Diz had to start, you then build a lead, THEN we can look at taking him off and shoring things up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
Garth
September 1, 2015, 9:14am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
When we play with Robinson we are virtually a man short in one of the most important positions, if that's scapegoating so be it, behind Macca he is the most important player for the opposition that they have at this moment in time.
Both situations can be resolved, rest Macca and give relegation haunted Luton their player back.
Paul Hurst.  Now that's another matter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
the driver
September 1, 2015, 9:25am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
To me the lad don't want to be here he does not look interested and hardly speak,s to the other players pre match warm up and for want of another word lazy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Toothless Tondeur, Clueless Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.