3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
August 31, 2015, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,173
Gold Stars: 232
Just listened to JT rolling over again and letting Hurst off the hook. Hurst said he would have go grief if he played a Youth in centre mid. No you wouldn't you muppet, Robinson is half the player Venney is or Clifton will be. He's just set a record for the most passes back in a game of football.
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
August 31, 2015, 5:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,865
Gold Stars: 82
Both Clifton and venney better than the loanee
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
Maringer
August 31, 2015, 6:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,368
Gold Stars: 183
For what it's worth, I don't think there was anything to choose between Clay and Robinson today. Both did OK in the first half but were pretty much invisible in the second half. Lacking in stamina, to say the least.

Note, this doesn't mean that I think Clifton or Venney would have done any better. Their midfield had a good mix of experience and athleticism, the things that the players available to us today (but for Disley) simply don't have.

Not heard the post-match interview as yet but, if it is anything like the one following the Torquay game, JT will be pulling his punches too much. You need to ask difficult questions after difficult games. Otherwise, what's the point of the interview in the first place?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
August 31, 2015, 7:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer
JT will be pulling his punches too much. You need to ask difficult questions after difficult games. Otherwise, what's the point of the interview in the first place?

I imagine JT will be fearful of asking questions the club don't want asking. The club have already pulled RH from interviews, pulled out of Jake Olley's fanzine, the Telegraph is a propoganda mouthpiece despite the supposed sybiotic relationship.
Reply: 3 - 28
dapperz fun pub
August 31, 2015, 7:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
The club aren't doing interviews with humberside .. Since when ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
jonnyboy82
August 31, 2015, 8:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Robinson is excrement.

Waste of wages n waste of a loan.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
HertsGTFC
August 31, 2015, 8:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,877
Gold Stars: 225
To be fair to JT if he is too ferocious Hurst will just end up sending Doigy out each week or even Andy Warrington (remember when he sent Steve Croudson out) I actually thought Craig Clay stood up more than the manager when he was interviewed.

I thought PH made a poor call today to pick Clay and Robinson together against a team that have such a good record at BP and had lost 3 on the bang. Both players ended up doing the same things and in the second half you could not tell who was holding and who was attacking and that is when the shape went out of the window.

Should have put Dis on when Arnold came on to get the balance back and to get McKreth who looked dangerous in the first half back in the game.

Over all I think a mixture of squandered attempts at goal and poor selection/responses by PH let us down today...................One can be forgiven the other cannot.......Differing opinions will define which is which.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
Mariner_09
August 31, 2015, 9:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Just hold on a second how do we know that Venney and Clifton are better, how many of us watched youth games every week last year, and all we've seen of either of them in a senior match apart from a tidy 5 minutes from Venney when we were 4-1 up against Barrow.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
dapperz fun pub
August 31, 2015, 9:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Mariner_09
Just hold on a second how do we know that Venney and Clifton are better, how many of us watched youth games every week last year, and all we've seen of either of them in a senior match apart from a tidy 5 minutes from Venney when we were 4-1 up against Barrow.

The current crows nest 2nds holding midfielder looks better than Robinson to me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
arryarryarry
August 31, 2015, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mariner_09

I have seen them in all the friendlies against higher league opposition than us and also against the lower league teams like Cleethorpes Town and Nth Ferriby where their players really got stuck in and in my opinion look far better than Robinson has so far.

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Toothless Tondeur, Clueless Hurst

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.