This thread currently has 6,294 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
LH
September 1, 2015, 12:37pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,498
Gold Stars: 173
Do people really think those novelty oversized cheques get cashed? Seriously?
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
HighamMariner
September 1, 2015, 12:41pm
More to life than sucking fentys meglomaniac behind
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -64
Quoted from LH

Yes of course I do, they're received at the bank by a giant over-sized Teller.  However to satisfy you're attention to detail........we don't appear to have spent any money since the fundraiser closed and the money released by crowdfunder.

Be back when fenty felicitations off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
big al
September 1, 2015, 12:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Quoted from LH

I have developed a serious back complaint after having carried an oversized cheque in my wallet for the past 11 months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
big al
September 1, 2015, 12:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
Don't really have a strong view on this but..... if PH doesn't deliver it is inevitable that some fans are going to feel incredibly let down after the huge effort made. Operation Promotion set us apart from so many other clubs and showed the depth of devotion that people have for Grimsby Town - the most notable thing for me is it proved how selfless people from this part of the world can be.

But I'm also not sure how much £100k is really worth at this level (that's a genuine question by the way - I can see it would be life changing for some of the smaller clubs down here) - it is clearly a huge amount of money to have raised but how much would it be to Eastleigh or FRG in terms of their operating costs? The tipping point will be if anyone at the club suggests that it wasn't such a huge amount of money in reality in terms of the challenge in hand and the bigger picture...... light the blue touch paper at that point.

Oh yeah - still think PH is the way forward - be careful for who you wish for.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
jonnyboy82
September 1, 2015, 1:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I am being careful what i wish for and it aint paul hurst.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
fleabag1970
September 1, 2015, 2:07pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Just because I haven't posted on here in a while doesn't make my post valid ........ I'm just amazed that the fans raised 100k and some of those same fans are calling for change

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
fleabag1970
September 1, 2015, 2:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from mariner91

Here's your answer then: We all, collectively, handed over £100K because we're sick and tired of being in this division and so decided to help in the only way we can directly which is increasing the budget. Bigger budgets usually mean a better chance at any level of football. Nobody thought it would guarantee us promotion and I don't think anyone, or at least not many people, is demanding their money back, they gave it because of the feel good factor at the time and because we love this club.

Will it work? Well at the minute it's looking quite unlikely as it's looking like PH has tricked us all into thinking he has developed as a manager and is making the same stubborn errors that he has been doing his entire tenure. There's still a long way to go but we've already given ourselves a mountain to climb and with our easy start that is unforgivable. We should have been riding the crest of a wave but as it is we've left the anchor out.

There are obviously some things wrong at the minute and I don't mind people having an opinion that is critical. Everyone can see it's not right and we should be doing much better with the squad at our disposal. What I can't stand though, is someone leaving the board for months and then only coming back once things start going badly and seemingly reveling in the fact we're struggling. How sad an individual do you have to be to do that?

More insults ........

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
LH
September 1, 2015, 2:18pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,498
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from HighamMariner

Yes of course I do, they're received at the bank by a giant over-sized Teller.  However to satisfy you're attention to detail........we don't appear to have spent any money since the fundraiser closed and the money released by crowdfunder.

I don't know for definite but I'm guessing the money was loaned to the club by whoever and was re-couped when the fund finished. I'm sure I remember reading either Hurst or Fenty said that the money had been spoken for before the deadline.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
grimsby pete
September 1, 2015, 2:59pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Mine was a benign loan,

I only want it back if Fenty asks for his.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 100k

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.