Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why's it all Hurst's fault ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 231 Guests

Why's it all Hurst's fault ?

This thread currently has 4,025 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
August 31, 2015, 10:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Squinter
How can it all be PH's fault ? He's put together a very good squad of 18 / 19 first team players, with the help of operation promotion I don't think there are any squad players this year.   Anyone of our squad should be able to slot straight into the first team.  Unlike last year, tinkering with this squad should not be an issue, we don't have any Parslow's, Bignot's or Hannah's.

So how can it all be Hurst's fault ? surely the majority of the blame should rest with the players.  It's not Hurst making the individual errors, it's not Hurst missing gilt edged chances.  

I think everybody of here agrees we have a promotion winning squad.  Now's the time for the players to step up to the plate, starting on Saturday they need to take some responsibility for the poor results and with 3 points take the pressure off their manager, stop making silly mistakes and become more ruthless.

Sort of historical, if you get paid to sign the players and pick a team, and then they lose, the buck stops with you. Unless you blame the board who chose you in the first place........
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
ginnywings
August 31, 2015, 10:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Adkins got the sack after 2 promotions to the Prem because Southampton felt he had taken them as far as his talents could go. There's no room for sentiment. Football is sink or swim and Hurst knows that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
KingstonMariner
August 31, 2015, 11:25pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
It's always the players' fault, or the officials', or the fans', or anyone but the man who makes the decisions.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
TAGG
September 1, 2015, 4:38am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Squinter
How can it all be PH's fault ? He's put together a very good squad of 18 / 19 first team players, with the help of operation promotion I don't think there are any squad players this year.   Anyone of our squad should be able to slot straight into the first team.  Unlike last year, tinkering with this squad should not be an issue, we don't have any Parslow's, Bignot's or Hannah's.

So how can it all be Hurst's fault ? surely the majority of the blame should rest with the players.  It's not Hurst making the individual errors, it's not Hurst missing gilt edged chances.  

I think everybody of here agrees we have a promotion winning squad.  Now's the time for the players to step up to the plate, starting on Saturday they need to take some responsibility for the poor results and with 3 points take the pressure off their manager, stop making silly mistakes and become more ruthless.

Dear oh dear

The buck stops with Hurst he will never get us promoted as long as he has a hole in his bottom.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
Ipswin
September 1, 2015, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Why is it Hurst's fault

a) Because he's paid to take the final responsibility (although he never seems to) and
b) because he's useless and clueless

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Neilo83
September 1, 2015, 10:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +262
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Squinter

So he's build a good squad does that make him a good manager or a good scout? If he built a good squad and we was flying high, playing really well and putting teams away like we should be (especially at bp) then yeah ill agree, hes a good manager but he's definitely not a good manager, hes had 4 years or however long its been and each year has been a failure and judging by recent performances/results this season is going exactly the same way, we need a change now before the season is gone, we have nothing to lose and everything to gain
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
rancido
September 1, 2015, 10:45am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
PH put down our consistency in the latter part of last season to the team spirit in the squad. In the summer he kept 10 of the 12 players he wanted so that team spirit should have carried on. During the summer he has added some real quality ( at this level ) and has consequently assembled the best squad we have seen since dropping to this level. We have a really good pre-season and see some good performances against higher level opposition. Then the season starts and Paul " Tinkerman " Hurst  starts to disassemble all that good work. He tries to accommodate  all three centre-backs in his team when it is obvious that Toto is not a natural right back. He even brought in a conventional right-back but didn't play him - why ? After 3 games we have 7 points and things look on track and then we have a set-back at Alty. A Macca howler and a poor officials decision cost us the game but instead of accepting that for what it was PH decides to tinker again. Dis and Clay had been a good combination in mid-field for a lot of last season with Brown also making a valued contribution. So we lose Brown to injury and we get ( what I thought ) was cover for him in the form of Robinson. But The Tinkerman sees things differently and straight away puts Robinson in for Clay and the mid-field immediately suffers. I'm sure that did a lot for Clays confidence and the team spirit in general ! I have it on good authority that part of the deal in getting Robinson here was a guaranteed start every game. Now I don't know how true that is but it would explain why he has started every game since arriving. Yesterday PH fu*ked up big time in dropping both Dis and Funky Monkey to the bench. It's possible that the Lincoln game took a lot out of them but I'm sure they could have played the first 60 mins with the intention of getting us into a decent lead and then bring on fresh legs. Macca looks totally bereft of confidence and could be still suffering from his illness but if that is the case then he should be honest with the management instead of trying to battle on. My biggest criticism with PH is that when he gets things wrong he won't admit it. FFS Hurst grow some balls and admit to your mistakes 'cos if you don't then the fans will really turn against you and you'll be history come Christmas. Then you will become another " nearly man " in football management because I cannot see another club at this level giving you the chances we have and certainly no league club will entertain you. The ball is in your court Hurst turn this club's results around quickly or f*ck off and give another manager the ideal opportunity to get our club promoted.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
ackomariner
September 1, 2015, 10:55am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
^^^^^^good post ^^^^^^^

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
Daz460
September 1, 2015, 11:00am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
Personally I think all this tinker man is easy to criticise!
Did Macclesfield ever like scoring in the first half until an error from Macca??
Did any of the players that came in play badly? I thought both the wingers and clay played well.
Toto had to come in due to suspension of Gowling.
Most want Tait to play and he did ok.

Easy to blame changes, but I still believe we looked in control of the game until the keeper error.

It's easy to support a team that's winning, let's show real support and encourage our team when things aren't as good.

Referee, have a word with yourself!! 😦
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
ackomariner
September 1, 2015, 11:28am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from Daz460
Personally I think all this tinker man is easy to criticise!
Did Macclesfield ever like scoring in the first half until an error from Macca??
Did any of the players that came in play badly? I thought both the wingers and clay played well.
Toto had to come in due to suspension of Gowling.
Most want Tait to play and he did ok.

Easy to blame changes, but I still believe we looked in control of the game until the keeper error.

It's easy to support a team that's winning, let's show real support and encourage our team when things aren't as good.

Sure your called Daz..?  

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why's it all Hurst's fault ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.