3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
September 1, 2015, 7:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
I waited before I posted due to being furious at yesterday`s urine poor display.What we witnessed yesterday simply not good enough and for me the only player who earned his money for 90 mins was Pearson.Make no mistake we have had the easiest 7 games it was possible to have in this League and we have returned 9/21 points so far square pegs round holes is bad enough but the Manager claiming in August that the players are tired? Like many others I parted with cash for Operation Promotion due to the massive feelgood factor but that was my choice however that feelgood factor is now a distant memory and im feeling very vexed with what im seeing. This is a good squad of players being paid very well if the Manager cant get more than 2 wins from 7 games against mediocre at best opposition with these players were going nowhere fast and he should be removed.Someone put on another thread today Hurst should sit down with the staff and they should thrash out any differences and start again and anything less than 7 points from the next 3 games lets get rid for the good of the Club.Let`s start by bringing in an experienced keeper on loan til Jimmy gets himself back to full fitness clearly something wrong with him since his illness and it isn`t fair that he is being expected to play at this time.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Grim74
September 1, 2015, 7:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Feel good factor gone in the first few weeks shocking, I feel for the season ticket holders.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
1mickylyons
September 1, 2015, 7:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Grim74
Feel good factor gone in the first few weeks shocking, I feel for the season ticket holders.

I was duped into buying one of them as well never been Hurst`s biggest fan but let my heart rule my head
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
September 1, 2015, 8:01am
Guest User
It's far from good enough. Yesterday was an absolute shambles against awful but committed opposition (fair play to them). It was obvious from early on their left back was a huge weak link against the pacy Macreth yet we knocked long balls to the head of Amond who to be honest, hardly bothered himself even trying to win any or put anyone off. It's hard to pick out anyone who did well aside from Pearson. I thought both central midfielders were shocking, Robinson in particular shouldn't be paid this week. What has happened to Craig Clay? He was superb for us yet looks like he is running in treacle. Both full backs offered little going forward and left us exposed. Macreth started brightly but couldn't get involved. The front two look like they don't know each other, Bogle hardly involved, hardly trying to get involved. So do we blame the players? Is there a problem with team spirit?

9 points from a possible 21 from the start we have had is appalling, disgusting and inexcusable. To be 12 points from the top by the end of August is disasterous, Hurst is in serious trouble already. He hasn't done enough in his tenure to earn him enough credit for a stay of execution. I say cut our losses now.
Reply: 3 - 20
MarinerGaz
September 1, 2015, 8:09am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
Quoted from Grim74

The number of ST holders deserve so much more than the last couple of home games!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
gary_elton
September 1, 2015, 8:21am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +23 / -6
Approval: +1,243
Gold Stars: 6
James McK hasn't looked at his best since his illness.... hardly his fault that we only have 1 keeper...

but I have seen 3 or 4 crosses palmed " away " into the path of opposition forwards who have said thank you
very much and goals have been given away....  something's gotta change here....

This merry-go-round of 4 or 5 team changes per game is hardly contributing towards a settled side...

Mr. Hurst... you are on borrowed time.....

All my pictures , Seem to fade to black and white.... (Reg Dwight)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Maringer
September 1, 2015, 8:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,141
Gold Stars: 180
I think McKeown just needs to start pushing that sort of deep, hanging cross behind for a corner. It's what most keepers would do so he needs to just practice until it becomes second nature.

One thing is for sure, if opposition managers have done their homework, he'll be seeing a lot more crosses like that coming his way so needs to learn how to deal with them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
1mickylyons
September 1, 2015, 8:34am
Special Brew Drinker
Mckeown is a decent enough keeper he just needs a time out.Lets get an experienced keeper in for a Month and let JM get the rest to properly recover from his illness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
dapperz fun pub
September 1, 2015, 9:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
If we bring another keeper in I honestly think macca will ask to leave but can we afford these mistakes any longer ? He will find form again no doubt about that
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
arryarryarry
September 1, 2015, 9:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,939
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
If we bring another keeper in I honestly think macca will ask to leave but can we afford these mistakes any longer ? He will find form again no doubt about that

If he wants away if he gets dropped then at the rate Hurst keeps p!ssing about with the team, come the end of September there will be nobugger left.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Not Good Enough

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.