Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst and Fenty have not got it.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 134 Guests

Hurst and Fenty have not got it.

This thread currently has 5,448 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
September 1, 2015, 11:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
everything I have read says he became majority shareholder in 2005 but if you can point me to somewhere that proves me wrong I will be happy to admit I have it wrong, He did however take chairmanship in the 2004-2005 season so he was only in charge by name for one relegation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fenty

2002–03 season Fenty had had a change of heart and took his shareholding to £62,289 of the club equating to 26.3% of the company, buying out long term major shareholder Dudley Ramsden's interest in the club in the process.

By name for one relegation but when you own something you have the sole responsibility for it regardless of who is the figure head / patsy is.

2 relegations, one being of the worst kind ever imaginable.  A bit like standing knee deep in excrement then being told break is over and you have to get back in the head stand position.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2015, 12:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Marinerz93

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fenty

2002–03 season Fenty had had a change of heart and took his shareholding to £62,289 of the club equating to 26.3% of the company, buying out long term major shareholder Dudley Ramsden's interest in the club in the process.

By name for one relegation but when you own something you have the sole responsibility for it regardless of who is the figure head / patsy is.

2 relegations, one being of the worst kind ever imaginable.  A bit like standing knee deep in excrement then being told break is over and you have to get back in the head stand position.

Two relegations would be OK if there were two promotions to even it out, wouldn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
Marinerz93
September 2, 2015, 1:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Two relegations would be OK if there were two promotions to even it out, wouldn't it?

Wouldn't it just.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
Jaws
September 2, 2015, 1:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Anything less than promotion back to the Football League is failure - yes. End of.

I take it you'll be happy with another five years of days like yesterday?

No - but people talk as if we are a Football League team. We are not and haven't been for 5 years, our squad and manager are all established conference players. The only thing we don't have is a conference-sized fan base.

Just because we have big crowds does not mean we'll walk this league. No-one actually involved in getting results was here when we last got promoted in 98 - the only thing the same as the club back then is the fans and the ground (pretty much)

When we go up, we'll be treated with as much respect as if Woking or Halifax went up - it's depressing but true.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2015, 2:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Jaws

No - but people talk as if we are a Football League team. We are not and haven't been for 5 years, our squad and manager are all established conference players. The only thing we don't have is a conference-sized fan base.

Just because we have big crowds does not mean we'll walk this league. No-one actually involved in getting results was here when we last got promoted in 98 - the only thing the same as the club back then is the fans and the ground (pretty much)

When we go up, we'll be treated with as much respect as if Woking or Halifax went up - it's depressing but true.

Of course failure to get promotion is failure - what is success? Play-offs? Lose at Wembley again? Mid-table?

None of the above begin to facilitate what the club needs which is success, promotion, new ground, increased revenues etc. John fenty has said it loud and clear, a new stadium is critical to the financial future of GTFC, the only way you are going to fill a new ground is with progression up the league not by standing still. There's no point in planning a new stadium for non-league football - none whatsoever.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
arryarryarry
September 2, 2015, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Of course failure to get promotion is failure - what is success? Play-offs? Lose at Wembley again? Mid-table?

None of the above begin to facilitate what the club needs which is success, promotion, new ground, increased revenues etc. John fenty has said it loud and clear, a new stadium is critical to the financial future of GTFC, the only way you are going to fill a new ground is with progression up the league not by standing still. There's no point in planning a new stadium for non-league football - none whatsoever.

Thank you for hitting that big nail with a frigging big hammer.

Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
jock dock tower
September 2, 2015, 4:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Sid it before, and will do so again...we need to become an AFC fans owned club. You only need to look at the passion and fervour generated by the Operation Promotion scheme to realise the potential is very much out there. AFC clubs in whatever division don't seem to be doing too bad either, do they?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
KingstonMariner
September 2, 2015, 10:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jock dock tower
Sid it before, and will do so again...we need to become an AFC fans owned club. You only need to look at the passion and fervour generated by the Operation Promotion scheme to realise the potential is very much out there. AFC clubs in whatever division don't seem to be doing too bad either, do they?

Even when they appear to be stagnating (like Wimbledon) folk seem to be reasonably content.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
KingstonMariner
September 2, 2015, 10:48pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
I want Hurst gone, he should have copulated off with his Shouty mate.
On the other hand we would end up with another getyourfactsright failure.
We're dooooomed 😳
(How many Relegations have his appointments put us through)

You mean male private Barton?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
KingstonMariner
September 2, 2015, 10:49pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
yeah and it's the same old clat trap Hurst out, Fenty out funny bhow it all goes quite when we are winning.

If people did moa when we won, you'd just say "see, you're even moaning when we win." Never satisfied some people.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hurst and Fenty have not got it.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.