Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Come on..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Come on..

This thread currently has 3,965 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
lukeo
September 1, 2015, 12:44pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,295
Gold Stars: 134
Wasn't sure of a title for the thread so sorry for the poor effort.
Think back to Wembley and all those away games after forest green last year and kiddy, Lincoln this year. We never won many of those games but we all enjoyed the days because we turned up in numbers, made a cracking atmosphere and got the people of England talking about us. Let's not give up. Let's keep it going until the end of the season. Get yourselves to as many games as money and time allows you and back the town, the shirt.
Come the end of the season if Hurst hasn't gotten us promoted then give up, moan, ask for his head. Atleast then we, the fans, can hold our heads high and say we gave the money. We put in the effort. We turned up in numbers. So come on, we all have our views on the season so far but please don't let it stop you going. Kiddy away was such a good day for me. The result sucked but it didn't ruin my day. Seeing old and new friends, being stood with 1600 odd people who have the same passion as I do. That'll do for now. I best get back to work, keep the faith!
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
HighamMariner
September 1, 2015, 1:06pm
More to life than sucking fentys meglomaniac behind
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -64
Quoted from lukeo
Think back to Wembley and all those away games after forest green last year and kiddy, Lincoln this year. We never won many of those games but we all enjoyed the days because we turned up in numbers, made a cracking atmosphere and got the people of England talking about us. Let's not give up. Let's keep it going until the end of the season. Get yourselves to as many games as money and time allows you and back the town, the shirt.
Come the end of the season if Hurst hasn't gotten us promoted then give up, moan, ask for his head. At least then we, the fans, can hold our heads high and say we gave the money. We put in the effort. We turned up in numbers. So come on, we all have our views on the season so far but please don't let it stop you going. Kiddy away was such a good day for me. The result sucked but it didn't ruin my day. Seeing old and new friends, being stood with 1600 odd people who have the same passion as I do. That'll do for now. I best get back to work, keep the faith!
UTM

Seem to recall that you're an exile?  Forgive me if I'm wrong.  I don't think that the exile away support will drop off a great deal and besides, in terms of financial contribution, it doesn't matter.  STH's don't matter either, they've already spunked their money.  The danger is the 2,000 or so home 'floaters' who will always turn up when we're doing well but quickly disappear when we're not.  That 2,000 will very quickly become 200 which seriously jeopordises the long term future of the club.  I personally felt at the end of the 2013/14 season that PH wasn't the right man for the job, I think he proved it again last season and is doing so already again this.  Sorry but the time for change after 4 1/2 years of standing still is long overdue.  Incidentally, I'm an exile and also within the 2,000 floaters.  I'll be turning up for all of the commutable away games but already the desire to do a 280 mile round trip to go to a home game is seriously diminished.

Be back when fenty felicitations off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
MuddyWaters
September 1, 2015, 1:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
So you're happy to put up with more mediocrity, more poor selections, more years in this shitehole league.

Let's get the facts right (!) - this club is seeking a new stadium to secure its' financial future. According to Fenty, it is not dependent on which league we are in but, there's two things here, it will look a lot more credible if the football club is successful and it will soon become a millstone round the club's neck if it's not used.

The clock is ticking.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
arryarryarry
September 1, 2015, 1:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from lukeo
Come the end of the season if Hurst hasn't gotten us promoted then give up, moan, ask for his head. Atleast then we, the fans, can hold our heads high and say we gave the money. We put in the effort. We turned up in numbers. So come on, we all have our views on the season so far but please don't let it stop you going. Kiddy away was such a good day for me. The result sucked but it didn't ruin my day. Seeing old and new friends, being stood with 1600 odd people who have the same passion as I do. That'll do for now. I best get back to work, keep the faith!
UTM

Of course you are entitled to your opinion and rightly so, but we've been reading similar posts these past 5 years and nothing has changed, and you want to waste another season if he doesn't get us promoted.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
ginnywings
September 1, 2015, 4:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
The fans are more than doing their bit already. It's time for the management and team to join in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
Southernboy
September 1, 2015, 4:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +111
I have no way of knowing who is at fault for this situation but it does get depressing. We clearly have some good players but just can't seem to get "it" right regularly enough. I've not see us play this season but I'll be there Saturday so will reserve judgment until then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 1, 2015, 4:16pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from lukeo
UTM

I think this must have been copied and pasted from September 2014 ........ or was it 2013 ........... or was it ............?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Grim74
September 1, 2015, 4:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from lukeo
UTM

I'd change your tablets mate!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
jonnyboy82
September 1, 2015, 5:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
People turned up in 2012 2013 2014 and still turning up now..

When do you say paul hurst has had his time ? You say at the end of this season , why ? He should have gone last season.

He will only be ever remembered as the nearly man who was as inspiring as a wet fart.

This club needs a fresh injection new management ideas and five years as a non league manager at grimsby town without a promotion is considered a failure.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
FishOutOfWater
September 1, 2015, 5:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from lukeo
UTM

Good post Lukeo - hard for me not to agree with your sentiments but then again I am a bit deluded  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Come on..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.