tintowner
September 1, 2015, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
I may as well add my' ten penneth'

I thought it was going out and he could have helped it out but decided to play it in and to one of their players.......

It was practically a carbon copy of the goal at Altrincham.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
Part Time Mariner
September 1, 2015, 6:02pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +2
McKeowns gotta go for it, he gets what he can on the ball. Its the the defenders who need to win the second ball. No one near either Macc player when it drops. Not McKeown's fault. But get him some back pass training FFS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
Mrs Doyle
September 1, 2015, 6:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Not sure Warington has helped Macca's game remember Macca being over the moon about having a proper keeping coach but I don't see any improvement at all to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
BottesfordMariner
September 1, 2015, 7:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Some people have short memories.

McKeown has been one of Town's best performers since he arrived and widely regarded as the best 'keeper in the league during that time. He has rescued many points for Town over the last few years.

Is he perfect?......no....does he have flaws?...of course he has. He has made a couple of errors that have resulted in goals I'm not sure if that's connected to his illness over the summer or if he is just out of sorts at  the moment. I think he would agree himself that he has not been at his best so far....but i think its a bit premature to write him off and demand a replacement. You dont suddenly go from being a good player to a bad one overnight.

I think what he has given to this club and his loyalty to the club deserves a bit more loyalty from the fans right now.

Whether the club should have another capable 'keeper on the books to challenge Macca is another question i suppose

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
September 1, 2015, 7:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from BottesfordMariner

McKeown has been one of Town's best performers since he arrived and widely regarded as the best 'keeper in the league during that time. He has rescued many points for Town over the last few years.

Is he perfect?......no....does he have flaws?...of course he has. He has made a couple of errors that have resulted in goals I'm not sure if that's connected to his illness over the summer or if he is just out of sorts at  the moment. I think he would agree himself that he has not been at his best so far....but i think its a bit premature to write him off and demand a replacement. You dont suddenly go from being a good player to a bad one overnight.

I think what he has given to this club and his loyalty to the club deserves a bit more loyalty from the fans right now.

Whether the club should have another capable 'keeper on the books to challenge Macca is another question i suppose

This!!! It's like we have the most bi polar support in football... Macca s a hero, Macca is our best player, replace him... Hurst s a good manager, Hurst s gonna get us promoted, Hursts a waste of space... Time and time again we go through this roller coaster of posts on social sites and here about how good the support is for the club and yet it's not support is it.... You have a friend having a hard time you don't berate them and tell them they re excrement, you support them, and it's the same with a football club.,. Hurst always refers to the home crowds and the pressure it puts on players, which is a good thing but also a bad thing....the fact is performing under pressure, negativity and boo s is not easy in any job, let alone professional football... And yes people may say they re pros they should rise to it etc, but I m willing to bet if we didn't go through this cloud of negativity everytime there's a bad patch the whole thing would be much easier.

Whatever you want to post on here, you know hurst won't be sacked and you know that in fact a new manager would screw things up , look at the evidence. It's simple to say but positivity breeds positivity - some may say it was all positive from the fans at the beginning of the season, but if we want consistency from players, why not show them some consistent support.

Reply: 14 - 49
ginnywings
September 1, 2015, 8:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from 935

This!!! It's like we have the most bi polar support in football... Macca s a hero, Macca is our best player, replace him... Hurst s a good manager, Hurst s gonna get us promoted, Hursts a waste of space... Time and time again we go through this roller coaster of posts on social sites and here about how good the support is for the club and yet it's not support is it.... You have a friend having a hard time you don't berate them and tell them they re excrement, you support them, and it's the same with a football club.,. Hurst always refers to the home crowds and the pressure it puts on players, which is a good thing but also a bad thing....the fact is performing under pressure, negativity and boo s is not easy in any job, let alone professional football... And yes people may say they re pros they should rise to it etc, but I m willing to bet if we didn't go through this cloud of negativity everytime there's a bad patch the whole thing would be much easier.

Whatever you want to post on here, you know hurst won't be sacked and you know that in fact a new manager would screw things up , look at the evidence. It's simple to say but positivity breeds positivity - some may say it was all positive from the fans at the beginning of the season, but if we want consistency from players, why not show them some consistent support.

They get our support and it's them that need consistency, not us. I can't recall any booing this season.

I'd also like to know how you can make a statement that a new manager would screw things up and we know that?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
September 1, 2015, 8:54pm
Guest User
Ok Ginny what difference did graham Rodger, stu Watkiss, Alan Buckley, stu Watkiss, mike newell and Neil woods make??

That's six managers, in 9 years.... That's what you call evidence, and it seems to be fairly unfavourable to your argument.

Your reply will probably be...
But then it shouldn't be John Fenty choosing them, cos it's all his fault...
Reply: 16 - 49
September 1, 2015, 8:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

They get our support and it's them that need consistency, not us. I can't recall any booing this season.

I'd also like to know how you can make a statement that a new manager would screw things up and we know that?

Also you could have heard a pin drop at the ground on Monday it was that quiet... Also how can you call yourself a supporter of a club and then create a them and us!!! That's a bit wierd
Reply: 17 - 49
oldun
September 1, 2015, 9:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from BottesfordMariner

I am not saying that we need to replace Macca permanently, I hope he can regain his confidence and form. I am merely asking that we bring in an experienced keeper on loan for a month or so.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
September 1, 2015, 9:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from oldun

I am not saying that we need to replace Macca permanently, I hope he can regain his confidence and form. I am merely asking that we bring in an experienced keeper on loan for a month or so.

Oh... Yeah great plan, drop him and damage his confidence even more, then in four weeks time pop him back in the firing line, wait for him to make a mistake and get on his back again... Is this  straight out of the book on good man management??
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New keeper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.