This thread currently has 7,664 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
oldun
September 1, 2015, 4:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Have we signed one yet? If not why not. Come on Paul you know it makes sense.
Logged Offline
Private Message
gtfc98
September 1, 2015, 4:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from oldun
Have we signed one yet? If not why not. Come on Paul you know it makes sense.

So McKeown has been bloody fantastic for us for the last 5 years. He's struggling with form but rather than stick with him with the knowledge that he will get back to his best you just want to replace him? Show a bit of respect.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 49
MuddyWaters
September 1, 2015, 4:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
We could rush through a deal for de Gea - I'm sure our fax machine works.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 49
September 1, 2015, 4:37pm
Guest User
Macca was not to blame for any goals yesterday. Said it yesterday and I'll say it again. He flew through the air tremendously to stop a ball arriving on an opponents head. Got a good hand too it too.

The trouble for that first goal was as a result of his teammates then being slower to react to the second ball than their opponents.

It's funny how we are blaming the keeper and the team changes for a defeat. We were all over Macclesfield in the fist half and all the incoming players did well. If you want to blame anyone for us not winning then you need to blame the strikers who missed some gilt edged chances. Particularly Omar who had loads of chances including the one in the first half where he tripped over his own feet and then two or three free headers.

Reply: 3 - 49
Maringer
September 1, 2015, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
McKeown was clearly at fault for the first. If you go for a cross, you've got to put it somewhere safe and palming it directly to an unmarked opponent is a mistake. All he needed to do was push it behind the goal and it would have been safe. Just a poor decision.

He didn't have a chance with their second goal, obviously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 49
Mariner93er
September 1, 2015, 5:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
I'm not sure there was a right decision for mckeown. He leaves it and they could score. He attempts to deal with it, and he did well to get something on it, and they score. Instead of looking for someone to blame all the time cant we actually accept that opposition players are allowed to do things of quality, and that cross was one of those occasions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 49
GrahamH
September 1, 2015, 5:07pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +3
Quoted from 120790
Macca was not to blame for any goals yesterday. Said it yesterday and I'll say it again. He flew through the air tremendously to stop a ball arriving on an opponents head. Got a good hand too it too.

The trouble for that first goal was as a result of his teammates then being slower to react to the second ball than their opponents.

It's funny how we are blaming the keeper and the team changes for a defeat. We were all over Macclesfield in the fist half and all the incoming players did well. If you want to blame anyone for us not winning then you need to blame the strikers who missed some gilt edged chances. Particularly Omar who had loads of chances including the one in the first half where he tripped over his own feet and then two or three free headers.

I agree with you, but sorry Macca was at fault, he should have punched the ball out for a corner

[b][/b]UTM    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 49
FishOutOfWater
September 1, 2015, 5:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 37
From where I was sitting, you could see he got a good hand on the ball but he palmed it back in to play rather than helping it on and out for a corner

Having said that our defence then seemed flat-footed allowing Macc to capitalise on Macca's error...joint culpability for their first goal imho
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 49
ginnywings
September 1, 2015, 5:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
From where I was sitting, you could see he got a good hand on the ball but he palmed it back in to play rather than helping it on and out for a corner

Having said that our defence then seemed flat-footed allowing Macc to capitalise on Macca's error...joint culpability for their first goal imho

The player it fell for totally mishit his shot also, which went straight to one of his own men stood unmarked right in front of the goal and he couldn't miss. Disaster all round and i disagree with the previous poster about it being a quality cross. It was just a floated punt that should have been dealt with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 49
oldun
September 1, 2015, 5:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Come on guys, he should have dealt with the first goal, he also almost gifted them 2 other goals when he dithered on a clearance and also nearly scored an own goal from a back pass. The first goal was almost a carbon copy of his error at Altrincham. He said in the radio interview that he is not been playing well. I think his confidence is low and needs to come out of the firing line for a month or two. Don't get me wrong I feel sure he will recover but we cannot keep giving soft goals away.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 49
tintowner
September 1, 2015, 5:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
I may as well add my' ten penneth'

I thought it was going out and he could have helped it out but decided to play it in and to one of their players.......

It was practically a carbon copy of the goal at Altrincham.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
Part Time Mariner
September 1, 2015, 6:02pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +2
McKeowns gotta go for it, he gets what he can on the ball. Its the the defenders who need to win the second ball. No one near either Macc player when it drops. Not McKeown's fault. But get him some back pass training FFS.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
Mrs Doyle
September 1, 2015, 6:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Not sure Warington has helped Macca's game remember Macca being over the moon about having a proper keeping coach but I don't see any improvement at all to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
BottesfordMariner
September 1, 2015, 7:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
Some people have short memories.

McKeown has been one of Town's best performers since he arrived and widely regarded as the best 'keeper in the league during that time. He has rescued many points for Town over the last few years.

Is he perfect?......no....does he have flaws?...of course he has. He has made a couple of errors that have resulted in goals I'm not sure if that's connected to his illness over the summer or if he is just out of sorts at  the moment. I think he would agree himself that he has not been at his best so far....but i think its a bit premature to write him off and demand a replacement. You dont suddenly go from being a good player to a bad one overnight.

I think what he has given to this club and his loyalty to the club deserves a bit more loyalty from the fans right now.

Whether the club should have another capable 'keeper on the books to challenge Macca is another question i suppose

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
September 1, 2015, 7:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from BottesfordMariner

McKeown has been one of Town's best performers since he arrived and widely regarded as the best 'keeper in the league during that time. He has rescued many points for Town over the last few years.

Is he perfect?......no....does he have flaws?...of course he has. He has made a couple of errors that have resulted in goals I'm not sure if that's connected to his illness over the summer or if he is just out of sorts at  the moment. I think he would agree himself that he has not been at his best so far....but i think its a bit premature to write him off and demand a replacement. You dont suddenly go from being a good player to a bad one overnight.

I think what he has given to this club and his loyalty to the club deserves a bit more loyalty from the fans right now.

Whether the club should have another capable 'keeper on the books to challenge Macca is another question i suppose

This!!! It's like we have the most bi polar support in football... Macca s a hero, Macca is our best player, replace him... Hurst s a good manager, Hurst s gonna get us promoted, Hursts a waste of space... Time and time again we go through this roller coaster of posts on social sites and here about how good the support is for the club and yet it's not support is it.... You have a friend having a hard time you don't berate them and tell them they re excrement, you support them, and it's the same with a football club.,. Hurst always refers to the home crowds and the pressure it puts on players, which is a good thing but also a bad thing....the fact is performing under pressure, negativity and boo s is not easy in any job, let alone professional football... And yes people may say they re pros they should rise to it etc, but I m willing to bet if we didn't go through this cloud of negativity everytime there's a bad patch the whole thing would be much easier.

Whatever you want to post on here, you know hurst won't be sacked and you know that in fact a new manager would screw things up , look at the evidence. It's simple to say but positivity breeds positivity - some may say it was all positive from the fans at the beginning of the season, but if we want consistency from players, why not show them some consistent support.

Reply: 14 - 49
ginnywings
September 1, 2015, 8:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 935

This!!! It's like we have the most bi polar support in football... Macca s a hero, Macca is our best player, replace him... Hurst s a good manager, Hurst s gonna get us promoted, Hursts a waste of space... Time and time again we go through this roller coaster of posts on social sites and here about how good the support is for the club and yet it's not support is it.... You have a friend having a hard time you don't berate them and tell them they re excrement, you support them, and it's the same with a football club.,. Hurst always refers to the home crowds and the pressure it puts on players, which is a good thing but also a bad thing....the fact is performing under pressure, negativity and boo s is not easy in any job, let alone professional football... And yes people may say they re pros they should rise to it etc, but I m willing to bet if we didn't go through this cloud of negativity everytime there's a bad patch the whole thing would be much easier.

Whatever you want to post on here, you know hurst won't be sacked and you know that in fact a new manager would screw things up , look at the evidence. It's simple to say but positivity breeds positivity - some may say it was all positive from the fans at the beginning of the season, but if we want consistency from players, why not show them some consistent support.

They get our support and it's them that need consistency, not us. I can't recall any booing this season.

I'd also like to know how you can make a statement that a new manager would screw things up and we know that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
September 1, 2015, 8:54pm
Guest User
Ok Ginny what difference did graham Rodger, stu Watkiss, Alan Buckley, stu Watkiss, mike newell and Neil woods make??

That's six managers, in 9 years.... That's what you call evidence, and it seems to be fairly unfavourable to your argument.

Your reply will probably be...
But then it shouldn't be John Fenty choosing them, cos it's all his fault...
Reply: 16 - 49
September 1, 2015, 8:57pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

They get our support and it's them that need consistency, not us. I can't recall any booing this season.

I'd also like to know how you can make a statement that a new manager would screw things up and we know that?

Also you could have heard a pin drop at the ground on Monday it was that quiet... Also how can you call yourself a supporter of a club and then create a them and us!!! That's a bit wierd
Reply: 17 - 49
oldun
September 1, 2015, 9:01pm

Whiskey Drinker

I am not saying that we need to replace Macca permanently, I hope he can regain his confidence and form. I am merely asking that we bring in an experienced keeper on loan for a month or so.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 49
September 1, 2015, 9:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from oldun

I am not saying that we need to replace Macca permanently, I hope he can regain his confidence and form. I am merely asking that we bring in an experienced keeper on loan for a month or so.

Oh... Yeah great plan, drop him and damage his confidence even more, then in four weeks time pop him back in the firing line, wait for him to make a mistake and get on his back again... Is this  straight out of the book on good man management??
Reply: 19 - 49
lew chaterleys lover
September 1, 2015, 9:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 935

Oh... Yeah great plan, drop him and damage his confidence even more, then in four weeks time pop him back in the firing line, wait for him to make a mistake and get on his back again... Is this  straight out of the book on good man management??

Oh for goodness sake this is professional football - its not a nicey nicey management course for beginners.

He will expect to be dropped if his form has dipped - that's the way it works.

And by the way - Town fans are no different to every other set of fans in the country. The team wins and all is well. They lose, and the sky falls in.

We the fans have taken a lot of disappointment on the chin and are, in general, a model on how to remain loyal in the most difficult of circumstances.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
ginnywings
September 1, 2015, 9:42pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 935
Ok Ginny what difference did graham Rodger, stu Watkiss, Alan Buckley, stu Watkiss, mike newell and Neil woods make??

That's six managers, in 9 years.... That's what you call evidence, and it seems to be fairly unfavourable to your argument.

Your reply will probably be...
But then it shouldn't be John Fenty choosing them, cos it's all his fault...

Mind reader too are you?

I've already said it would be naive to think finding a better manager is easy, it isn't but clubs do it all the time at every level of football. They don't all get it wrong every time. It's not down to me if and when we appoint a new manager but we will eventually.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
ackomariner
September 1, 2015, 9:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from 935

Why not, that's what he done to loads of players whilst he's been the manager.
That's one thing he is good at.....shattering confidence of players

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
ginnywings
September 1, 2015, 9:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 935

Also you could have heard a pin drop at the ground on Monday it was that quiet... Also how can you call yourself a supporter of a club and then create a them and us!!! That's a bit wierd

I call myself a supporter because i am. I obviously don't meet your criteria of what a supporter should be but then you assume that people such as myself are causing a negative and divisive atmosphere around BP. I never boo the players or manager and never get on their backs. I put across my viewpoint on here which is what a forum is for, is it not?

I've said this many times before and i'll say it again for the hard of understanding. Criticism is not necessarily negative, it doesn't mean i don't love the club, it doesn't mean i'm not a supporter and i'm not jumping on some bandwagon. I have never thought Hurst is quite up to the job and have been saying ever since Scott went that we should have had a change then. We decided he should stay, so he got my support. I said after the play off final that he deserved another go but he just can't get it right, so i think now his position needs to be seriously looked at. If you are happy with Hurst in charge ,then fine but don't start questioning the validity of others support for the club because their views don't align with your own.

After watching 95% of home games for 43 seasons and being a regular away traveller in the past, you sort of get a feel for a manager and Hurst has never felt quite right to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
marinerjase
September 1, 2015, 10:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,639
Gold Stars: 147
Always makes me laugh when people question peoples  support. Who is anyone to question any other? Egotistical. Im a bigger fan than you etc etc.

Rubbish.

We're all supporters - regardless of differing views

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
barralad
September 1, 2015, 10:11pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from marinerjase
Always makes me laugh when people question peoples  support. Who is anyone to question any other? Egotistical. Im a bigger fan than you etc etc.

Rubbish.

I agree with this 100%

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
ackomariner
September 1, 2015, 10:12pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Quoted from marinerjase

Rubbish.

Exactly

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
moosey_club
September 1, 2015, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226

If a centre half fcked up four or five times and cost goals he would be out, no question, if a striker goes four or five games without threatening he would be out....so why not the keeper?
If you are out of sorts you are out of sorts, position, history, past form doesnt and shouldnt count for anything, its what you are doing in the current and he looks shakey all round currently.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
Maringer
September 2, 2015, 12:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,475
Gold Stars: 185
I do think we're almost at the stage where it might be a good idea to drop McKeown for a week or two, just to take him out of the firing line. His pre-season was ruined by the illness so a couple of weeks training hard without the pressure of games might do him some good.

I suppose a lot depends on his personality. Being dropped during a run of bad form might help some keepers but destroy the confidence of others.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
gaz57
September 2, 2015, 12:43am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Quoted from Maringer
I do think we're almost at the stage where it might be a good idea to drop McKeown for a week or two, just to take him out of the firing line. His pre-season was ruined by the illness so a couple of weeks training hard without the pressure of games might do him some good.

I suppose a lot depends on his personality. Being dropped during a run of bad form might help some keepers but destroy the confidence of others.

More than anything he needs a dam good rest mentally and physically after his illness and if his boss can't see that he owes him that, then there is no hope for anyone. We have a keeper who has done well for our club and he deserves our help and support. He is an employee of a business and if his boss does not do the right thing by him the board should take it out of his hands,.For goodness sake Mr Hurst stand up to your responsibility.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
Tom13
September 2, 2015, 9:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +12 / 0
Approval: +270
Joe Hart was making all sorts of high profile errors a couple of years ago so Pellegrini took him out of the firing line, played his reserve keeper for a few weeks and Hart came back a better player - for a couple of weeks I'd say it'd do Mckeown some good to have a couple of weeks training without having games so he could maybe catch up after his illness.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
big al
September 2, 2015, 9:21am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +740
If McKeown reads the Fishy then this thread is certainly going to be a knife straight through his heart. There's something wrong and the mistakes he's made are all quite similar but has he really gone from what many considered to be our finest player to a complete liability?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
grimsby pete
September 2, 2015, 9:56am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from oldun

Agree with this,

I don't think anybody has said get rid of Macca,

BUT

He does need a break and I honestly think he came back too soon after his illness,

I  have said before he needs to go and sit on a warm beach somewhere,

Recharge his batteries and come back when he is ready,

We only need a loan keeper for a couple of months,

Then Macca can come back and show us what a good keeper we know he is.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
horsforthmariner
September 2, 2015, 10:46am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,599
Gold Stars: 9
Macca's a good keeper but you can't keep on making howlers. It's also making our defenders a bit jumpy.  Send him on holiday for a week, get him working hard for two weeks and then bring him back.

Being dropped is part  of professional sport, I was watching a documentary on Shane Warne (probably the greatest living cricketer) and he got dropped in 2001. Macca will just have to suck it up and get on with it.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
SamTheMariner
September 2, 2015, 12:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: -101
No, just no. Mckeown has been fantastic for 3 years, very good but not as good last year, players go through poor form, form is temporary, class is permanent.

[img]http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/images/localworld/ugc-images/275785/Article/images/18946866/4836403.jpg[/img]

Diz, a leader, a goal scorer, a true pro

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
September 2, 2015, 12:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings

I call myself a supporter because i am. I obviously don't meet your criteria of what a supporter should be but then you assume that people such as myself are causing a negative and divisive atmosphere around BP. I never boo the players or manager and never get on their backs. I put across my viewpoint on here which is what a forum is for, is it not?

I've said this many times before and i'll say it again for the hard of understanding. Criticism is not necessarily negative, it doesn't mean i don't love the club, it doesn't mean i'm not a supporter and i'm not jumping on some bandwagon. I have never thought Hurst is quite up to the job and have been saying ever since Scott went that we should have had a change then. We decided he should stay, so he got my support. I said after the play off final that he deserved another go but he just can't get it right, so i think now his position needs to be seriously looked at. If you are happy with Hurst in charge ,then fine but don't start questioning the validity of others support for the club because their views don't align with your own.

After watching 95% of home games for 43 seasons and being a regular away traveller in the past, you sort of get a feel for a manager and Hurst has never felt quite right to me.

Ginny do you have some problems with comprehension?
Reply: 35 - 49
arryarryarry
September 2, 2015, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,039
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from big al
If McKeown reads the Fishy then this thread is certainly going to be a knife straight through his heart. There's something wrong and the mistakes he's made are all quite similar but has he really gone from what many considered to be our finest player to a complete liability?

Does he have a God given right to be picked every game, Pearson in my opinion has been one of our best players since he signed but he was dropped for whatever reason.

I personally don't think JM has been at his best this past season or so.

Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
The Yard Dog
September 2, 2015, 3:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from gaz57

[/b]More than anything he needs a dam good rest mentally and physically after his illness and if his boss can't see that he owes him that, then there is no hope for anyone. We have a keeper who has done well for our club and he deserves our help and support. He is an employee of a business and if his boss does not do the right thing by him the board should take it out of his hands,.For goodness sake Mr Hurst stand up to your responsibility.

In my opinion Macca should have time to fully recovery from viral meningitis.

I have done a bit of research on the condition here some comments by people who have had viral meningitis say

"I said I'm surprised that I'm still feeling dizzy, having throbbing sound sensations, feeling fatigued and suffering from painful headaches a few weeks after having viral meningitis. I thought I would have recovered by now as the doctor only signed me off work for one week. I really feel for those of you who have suffered for years following your diagnosis"

"I am also suffering what seems like drunken episodes/fuzzy head/light headedness/spaced out"

"I was shocked to be hit with viral meningitis out of the blue at age 58 last September. I had severe headache, hit with a shovel level - starting in back of neck radiating through head, vomiting bile for several days, loss of balance, fuzzy eyes, red eyes, highly acute hearing and sense of smell - burning pains in my lower back and thighs and inability walk, difficulty in breathing....6 months on still get headaches especially if stressed, very tired and fatigues, need to sleep 10-12 hours, poor short term memory, poor concentration - viral meningitis is misunderstood and much ignorance remains doctors need to have more training in this field, viral meningitis is thought to be mild[b]
- what a joke!!!
its life changing".

"balance problems, feeling muddle headed or 'drunk' yes this is very familiar, doctors and employers do not sympathise, they need to educate themselves about after effects of viral meningitis, it can take a long time to recover. I have been advised to take it slowly, very slowly. a couple of weeks back I decided I must be better, 12 weeks in to VM - overdid it and was hit with extreme fatigue and extreme headaches returning, along with muscle aches and stiff neck. not the same as the initial infection but still a little reminder not to rush things. I am a very busy person usually, enjoy intellectual stimulation, but the brain just isn't up to it right now, I am hoping it will improve. Yes, cramp in left leg, not sure why the left but it seems others have experienced this, yes, continual feeling of pressure in head, never completely goes, still bothered by filtering out conversations in noisy environments, tired all the time"

Doctors probably told Macca ok to go back to work, when really he needed longer.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
Garth
September 2, 2015, 4:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from 935

Maybe not but it's common sense, positive results are more important than Molly codling individual's, according to Mr Hurst recent statement (I am not prepared to carry passengers) or words to that effect. Macca requires competition in his position ASAP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
rancido
September 2, 2015, 5:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Macca is not that great in dealing with crosses but the team should do all they can to cut these crosses out. Obviously set plays are hard to avoid but he should be protected more by his defenders.  Having said that he should do what all defenders do and that is adopt the policy " when in doubt put it out of play". One scarry trait that Macca has started to practice is walking backwards to allow a back-pass to come to him instead of moving forward to meet it. It nearly cost us a goal on Monday as it allows the attackers to close you down. I'm amazed that he does this and I'm sure no goalkeeping coach would condone this.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
fleabag1970
September 2, 2015, 5:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
I remember when the same fans were calling for Diz to be dropped at this stage last season .......... Same excrement different day

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
ginnywings
September 2, 2015, 6:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from 935

Ginny do you have some problems with comprehension?

Of course, i'm thick as pigsh!t. Do me a favour and go bore someone else will you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
coddy60
September 2, 2015, 7:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from big al

Why a knife through the heart, most people, from what I'm reading, genuinely believe he's our best keeper in years, unfortunately suffering from the after effects of his illness.
He looks like he needs to recuperate, whether it be for a fortnight or a month is irrelevant, but it is rank bad management not to notice this and act accordingly, IMO
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
Abdul19
September 2, 2015, 8:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from fleabag1970
I remember when the same fans were calling for Diz to be dropped at this stage last season .......... Same excrement different day

He was!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
fleabag1970
September 2, 2015, 8:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
No he wasn't . He had a slight dip in form which by hid standards still made him the best centre mid player we had by a mile

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
Abdul19
September 2, 2015, 8:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 215
Was on the bench v Gateshead, Alfreton, Aldershot and Welling.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
fleabag1970
September 2, 2015, 8:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Abdul19
Was on the bench v Gateshead, Alfreton, Aldershot and Welling.

I know it was a discrace

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
MuddyWaters
September 2, 2015, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Macca is a good keeper but all good keepers make mistakes. By the same token, most people make more mistakes when they are recovering from illness as they are not fully fit.

Did we bring him back too soon? I'm not a doctor.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
LookBackInAngers
September 3, 2015, 2:35am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +93
If the defenders in front of the keeper are losing confidence in him,even a little it will cause them to make poor judgements so it is an issue which will have to be addressed if the errors keep on happening.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
essexexile
September 3, 2015, 8:47am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +186
Gold Stars: 1
Should have been 2 up at least before they scored (although the clearance from Macca when it hit one of their players was very dodgy) and had chances in second half so if we'd won that game don't think Macca would be getting all this grief
Afraid on the day Kristian Dennis showed our strikers how to finish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New keeper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.